Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Date for next Milton Keynes trip (New, Replacement Poll)

What date would you like the next Milton Keynes Xscape trip? Vote for whichever dates you are happy/able to go..
24th July
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
31st July
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
7th August
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
14th August
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
21st August
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
28th August
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
4th September
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
11th September
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
18th September
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
25th September
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Voted : 19
Total Votes : 78

Poster: A snowHead
New note: 29th June.
Those who voted before today will have to vote again, sorry.

We seem to have established ( below) that we need two MK visits: one in late July or 7th Aug and one in September. There seems no enthusiasm so far for the period in between. Please put your votes on ALL the dates you can do.
I had hoped that those who were bringing other people with them could vote for the same dates twice but it seems this is not the way it is set up. Please could those who are bringing others let me know below (with their prefered dates if they haven't before now) and I'll give those dates some more weight if the vote is in doubt. (I know this is a bit cumbersome, but it seems fair to me)
If you don't intend to come, please don't vote.

alexpresland wrote:
As someone who didn't manage to make it, can we set the date for the next one now. If I don't have *lots* of notice, I won't be able to make it! ...and if we don't set a date soon then I'll think that you're all conspiring against me. Sad wink snowHead

Well, I'm transfering the date debate so far to this thread:

How about late August?

Site Admin

How about one before that?

How about 31st July

I think holidays will start to come into it soon. I can't do the 31st July and I'll be in Scotland the 14th & 21st August. So I vote for the 28th August (or 4th September) or 7th August if people want an earlier date.

But I'm just one of many. Please, anyone who might come, give your preference.

I was told by one of the slope attendants that the half pipe has deteriorated faster than they expected (they already rebuilt parts of it last week) and they will demolish it soon.
I'll phone and try to find out more officially.
Of course they will probably build a jump instead, which would be OK if it isn't one for aerials competitions, which makes it a bit extreme for other people. (They clear everything like that away when we get close to the next winter season to make room for more skiers.)

Middle to late September would get my vote. Hockey league starts again beginning of October and can't do before September.

Of course we could do 2, one in late September and one sooner !

Given the success of this trip, I don't think 2 more before then would be unreasonable

snowball, July 31st sounds good to me. Mr Q is away, mountain biking in Les Gets with youngest son, so I won't have to leave early just because he's starving.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-06-04 9:40; edited 20 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
add a poll for the weekend from now until end of september, then you'll see which are most popular at a glance Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it possible to set up a vote enabling more than one option to be ticked? That way you'd find a stronger concensus as more people could tick more than one date.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Site Admin, can I add a poll to this page or do I have to start again?

Yes u can. Edit your first post (click the scissors on the right) and the poll options should appear below the posting box.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jopnpim and the Jonpimettes are keen to go again. Can only do Saturdays in even weeks (last week was week 26), and will be away last 2 weeks in August.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd love to come....couldn't make this w/e as I was partying to Jules Holland in the rain!!

I've cast my first vote for 7 August and now it won't let me vote again! So I could also do 21 August, 28 August, 4 September or 11 September too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Site Admin, can the mechanism allow more than one vote per person?

or perhaps I should leave the poll as the first choice and people could register their other dates here as Jonpim and homphomp have.
(If so the words at the start of this poll should be changed)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, I took the words at the top as gospel...7 August isn't my favourite date - just the one I voted for first!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, same here, but I can't change the wording now. I'm waiting for a reply from Admin.Sorry: Balls-up.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim wrote:
Jopnpim and the Jonpimettes are keen to go again. Can only do Saturdays in even weeks (last week was week 26), and will be away last 2 weeks in August.

So you can do 24th July, 7th Aug, 4th Sept (?) Any preference?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, sorry no the software doesn't allow multiple votes as it stands. I could probably modify it to but I'm not sure how long that would take - ie. could be minutes, could be days!

I'll give it a few minutes now just in case it's a quicky.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can't do any of the next 4 Saturdays:
3rd July - HJB's in Chelsea
10th - Somewhere in Provence
17th - Flying from Provence
24th - Wine Tasting

I can do other days of the week apart from Saturdays (as snowball knows)

After that, I can be around, but we don't want to go there after end of September, as it really does get busy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

we don't want to go there after end of September, as it really does get busy!

That seems like important information.

I have a feeling non-Saturday meets might be less good for many people but would be interested in counter-views. Also Phat night is good value and they tend to have the toys, jumps etc. out and supervised which isn't true much of the time. (Jumps were only open for use a couple of days a week last season due to lack of staff to supervise)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 28-06-04 12:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Both the July dates are fine, Aug 7 & 21 not (away motor-racing Very Happy ), all the rest currently no problem.

If anyone's up for a weekday evening meet, send a pm.... I'm based 10m from MK Very Happy

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 28-06-04 22:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
austin7 wrote:

If anyone's up for a weekday evening meet, send a pm.... I'm based 10m from MK Very Happy

I'll bear it in mind.

I have called Xscape and they say they now hope to keep the half pipe open till the start of August (ie 31st July should probably be OK)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-06-04 14:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
homphomp wrote:
snowball, I took the words at the top as gospel...7 August isn't my favourite date - just the one I voted for first!
So, which was your favourite?
snow conditions
I know I've said the 31st July, but can do any Sat after up to the Bank Holiday w/e which is a 'no-no' for me. Also, the next 4 are unavailable...
ski holidays
snowball, I don't have a favourite...I just want to come and meet everyone - it sounds like you had so much fun!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, I can do any of those dates, but the Pimettes won't be around for the first two (24th July, 7th Aug).
ski holidays
That sounds like a vote for 4th sept then.

Michelle, so that means 31st July + 7, 14, 21 Aug are OK then, but nothing after.
latest report
snowball, good news about the 1/2pipe - happy it'll be around for a while yet Smile
snow conditions
go on... 4th Sept...
Laughing snowHead Toofy Grin as its the only one of those I can make!
ski holidays
snowball, Um, yes Embarassed The 18th is the only date that I can't make in Sept... but do we really have to wait that long Puzzled snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Multi-option vote coming soon
latest report
Hmm, sounds like we may have to start this again with multi option voting as I originally meant the vote to be. Madeye-Smiley

However, Michelle, I'm already getting the impression there should be 2 meetings in the 3 month period from now, possibly 7th August and 4th Sept (or perhaps 11th but see jonpim and the Pimettes and mountainmad above). After all, we don't have to get everyone there every time. Some may come to only one and some to both.

There certainly seems no enthusiasm for the mid period (the 28th Aug vote was mine and I'd be just as happy with the first two September dates). If we decide to have one early meet the votes for the other might shift to later in September (or perhaps not).

The only thing wrong with the 7th August rather than 31st July is that the half pipe will probably have just been demolished or be in the process of being demolished and probably no jump yet built in its place (but things still might shift on that).

I notice that Michelle, homphomp, Fox, jonpim, Austin7 (and me) can all do 7th Aug., which is almost all of those who have expressed an opinion so far. Can you do 7th RachelQ?
And U brain, what about U? And all the non-U: Ray Zorro, Mark Hunter, el hen, Linds etc etc (please don'be insulted if you are an etc, my memory has gone blank... (take me away while I can still walk...Skullie ).

And going back to the first entry on this page, how about you Alexpresland? Cool

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 28-06-04 21:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Won't let me vote, but I think I can make any weekend in August. Can't make 4th or 11th September as I'll be in Evian, but I think I can make the two after that.
snow report
I've voted for 11th September, but could do other dates (but not 7th Aug, but don't let that stop anything).

Good ones for me would be 24th July, 21st Aug, 28th Aug and any September dates.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Checked the diary and July 24th good Very Happy

Snowball - I CAN'T do Aug 7 (or 21st), but all the other dates are fine - sooner the better for me Smile
latest report
OK people, the old vote has been cleared and the new one allows U to choose as many Saturdays as U like. So let's do this in an organised, hi-tech stylee Madeye-Smiley

It's quite a drastic modification to how the polling system works and it's all a bit new-fangled so if u notice anything that U think is not quite working right send me a PM straight away.

Don't be sayin' I don't give U what U ask for Wink

Personaly, my favourite scenario would be 2 nights, one around the start of Aug and another near the end of Sept.

U
snow report
admin, another new toy but one I won't attempt to road test for you as I can't make any of those dates and don't want to skew the data. Great that you have been able to respond so quickly to the request. Well Done.

General Point - OFF TOPIC. For future polls, is it possible to have an option - One Vote Only OR Multi-Votes Allowed - when a user initiates the poll ?
And do multi-votes all have to be cast at one voting session ? No repeat visits allowed I hope. (They'd be OK for something like this but not for most polls where you could seriously affect the results by voting early and voting often Wink )
snow conditions
[off topic]
When you create a poll you have the option of selecting the number of selectable answers - if you enter 1 at this point then you get the old style poll. Multiple votes are all cast in one sessions, we are hoping to roll this out for the next euro elections Wink
[/off topic]
latest report

Ian Hopkinson, TKS Ian - good answer.
I'll let the thread go back to trip planning now. Cool
snow report
My admiration for Admin knows no bounds!! I've cast my multiple vote...now I've got my fingers crossed that I can make at least one of the dates!
snow conditions
admin, well done admin, great new feature!!!
latest report
Thanks, Admin, I'm sure you worked hard on this and I hope it will be a useful option in future.
Admin, could the title of this thread say "replacement poll" or something like that, to make sure the 10 people who voted before realise they need to vote again? I'm not sure how to change it.
snow report
Ooh ooh the 4th September is my birthday weekend so i'll be down south!
snow report
snowball, just edit your first msg and change the subject line.
snow conditions
Shall try to come
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy