Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edinburgh Festival to stage ski slope spectacular

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a real first! The Edinburgh Festival is to take over the major artificial ski slope on the Pentland Hills (now known as Midlothian Ski Centre, formerly 'Hillend') for a spectacular free show called 'Pentland Rising.'

The show is being billed as a mix of cultural rituals, pageantry, battle reenactments and a pastiche of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

Midlothian Ski Centre will be lit up at round 9pm on August 26 for artist Jenny Hogarth’s show, which will be free of charge for spectators expected to gather at the side of the main slope.

Here's a full report from The Scotsman.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a super idea. When I lived in Fife, I used to be taken to the Tattoo every year. I quite enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much fun as when I later discovered the Festival proper. If anyone wants a funtastical time, go to the Edinburgh Festival. Immerse yourself in it. Go to shows from morning to night, get total cultural overload, and then party the nights away. Insure your liver, but it is good training for your next skiing trip. You'll have a great time: there is nothing quite like it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spent my student days in Edinburgh. Fantastic little city. I echo jonpim's comments about the Festival (both the Official one and the much bigger Fringe). Well worth a visit. Something for everyone. And that outdoor dry ski slope is also pretty impressive for those snowHeads who need a 'fix' while they're there. Here's it's web site. Longest in Europe. Double Chairlift + 2 tows !!! If you have a pop-up blocker running you'll miss the notice of closure 21/6 - 5/7 for annual maintenance. Go to Facilities for a super photo from the top with Arthur's Seat visible in the distance top right. That's next to Holyrood Palace at the bottom of the Royal Mile so as you can see the ski centre is not far from the city. Another great view in 'Other Activities'

This event sounds interesting. Would love to see what a pastiche of the EMT turns out to be ? Some parts of the original are pretty funny IMO. Things like the Ghanaian Girls Pipe Band Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was at the festival last year for the first time, it was really good fun, the biggest problem is there is so much to see that deciding what to go to is impossible!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Midlothian ski centre is excellent. It's a bit of a trek for me from the West Coast, but worth it. They have a decent steepish bit (they claims it's a black) on one of the slopes, as well as a couple of jumps as well.

Well worth a visit if you in the area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, if you're talking about that first stretch at the top, followed by the bend, it's notorious.

If it's the same as it was when I visited the slope (which must be 15 years ago), you're likely to be off-piste when you attempt that first bend, and the problem with off-piste is.......

[please complete this sentence. No, not avalanche risk]

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 17-06-04 15:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yup, that's the one. Probably the only dry slope in the world that people would describe as rather fun!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If it's the same as it was when I visited the slope (which must be 15 years ago), you're likely to be off-piste when you attempt that first bend, and the problem with off-piste is.......

[please complete this sentence. No, not avalanche risk]

.......sheep sh*t!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy