Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not a Fitness Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In anticpation of my forthcoming C2C cylde ride I had been considering starting a Fitness Thread to log my training and committ myself to more training publicly. I normally do around 20miles on a Sunday morning but yesterday decided to start doing longer trips to get in better shape and cycled out to Wehterby from Guiseley my home north of Leeds / Bradford, around 38 miles I anticpated. Bit rainy but who cares. On the last stretch home decided to avoid a queue of traffic waiting for some lights at the to of the hill, and went to mount the dropped curb and to got onto the pavement, must have misjudged it and came stright off onto the pavement, I knew immediatly that I'd sprained my left ankle, recomposed myself and started to push the bike up the hill hoping that when I got to the top I could mount the bike and coast along the next bit, just couldn't get going. Thnakfully in the end a public spirited bloke and a man in a VW Caravelle bus got me and bike home. When shoe was off realsied it was more than a "normal" sprain and took myself off down to Otley hospital who prompt x-rayed it and said that I'd broken the fibula near the ankle and stuck it in a pot with an appointment at the LGI for Wednesday. Great chuckles from Jane (my wife) and Mum and Dad who got me home from the hospital .. stuck at home today but will try to see if my insurance will let me drive (nurse said NO) but it is an automatic. No way I'm doing the C2C now as it was for mid June, pot will be on for at least 5 weeks. So this is not a fitness thread but a thread asking what experience people have of breaks and how long to recover. I ought to consider myself lucky I'm nearly 45 and never had a break before, these things happen.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, bad luck Crying or Very sad

I broke my fibula a couple of years ago (tripped over a football Embarassed ), and like you, initially thought it was a sprained ankle. I walked round on it for a week before I was sent to hospital by a 1st aid trainer. They confirmed the break, and put me in a pot. This drove me mad, as previously I had been able to drive, but now couldn't. I went back to the hospital 2 weeks later for a "check-up" x-ray, and told them that I wanted the pot off. The doc wasn't happy, but eventually conceded that the leg was mending fine, and having the pot off wouldn't cause any more damage, it would just hurt a lot more.

So, it is possible to be "recovered" in 3 weeks....although it took a while longer for the pain to go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew, Have had three fractures to date. Two cycling (Skull Shocked , collar bone) and my fingers playing hockey. With my fingers I carried on training but with the more serious fractures it was 6 weeks out on each occasion.

While the bones will mend just in three weeks any serious stress or knocks will delay you even further. Particularly as muscles will also lose strength in 3 weeks.

I think the best advice is to give it 6 weeks and then start afresh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevew, broken my left arm twice, my left shoulder dislocated and broken once, my collarbone broken ( torn off ) at the shoulder blade once, and dislocated my right shoulder once rolling eyes
The broken bones all healed in about six weeks with rebuilding of the muscles taking about the same length of time again! The worst one so far has been the dislocated right shoulder, which has taken from the beginning of Jan until now to fix itself. Still isn't 100%.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy