Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This place is very close to Geneva (less than an hour) so should be good for short breaks, or with young children, but I've never really heard much about the place.

Any experiance?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes but not got time right now. I'll fill you in later
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice village but not to many bars. The main slope back to resort is a wide blue but dont let that confuse you though, if the conditions are not good its horrible. I have been skiing a few times now and la clusaz is the place i remember the least about. To confuse you even more i cant remember a reason not to go again either. rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah, 3 years worth. my last holiday there was this december, and i loved it. was snowing when i got there, and it tipped it down on the day i had to leave! very nice, traditional village, with lots of events going on, and now night sking every thursday on the green above the ice rink, which is well lit. the skiing's good, well for me anyway, i ski blues and very easy reds, but there's some scary looking blacks, well they look scary 2 me anyway. best restaraunt, hard to say, but the one on the Merdassier is very nice, nice staff and they speak english, but it's good to try and speak french, the french like you for it. i've heard there's good off-piste on the Balme? the people of La Cluasz are very friendly, the tourist office is very helpful. the ski bus is good and links up with Le Grand Bornand. if u get an aravis pass you can ski at the neighbouring resort of Le Grand Bornand, which is good too. La Clusaz is a very nice place and I hope you enjoy it if you go/have been. My fave place is the Croix-Fry, it's beautiful up there, and the skiing is perfect for my level but if you're more advanced, your best bet is Aiguille or Balme.
Julia snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marc gledhill, yeah, we go there regularly and intend to keep doing so! wink

There are several distinct areas which suit different levels of skier; Beauregard and Croix Fry are best for beginners, kiddies and early intermediates - both very scenic places to ski so are great for new skiers to feel like they are up real mountains. There are well mixed runs above and down to the town itself which cover most abilities but strong intermediates and above will usually head for La Balme.

Especially with fresh snow, La Balme is a wonderful freeride playground with a complete variety of easy-to-scary off-piste - take the express chair from the mid station and leave the piste in pretty much any direction within your ability... There are great views from the restaurant up there - and all the family can ride up the gondola and take a long Blue run back down if they don't want to do the serious stuff up top. If leaving the piste, you MUST take note of the local avalanche bulletin in this area (there is a flag and a blackboard, with advice that is updated throughout the day as conditions change, on the entrance to the chair) as the bowl has slopes at a wide variety of orientations and pitches and some are prone to slides.

Le Grand Bornand (short ride on the bus) is definitely worth a ski - it has a bit of everything; with the skiing most accessible from the village of Le Chinaillon. There are a bunch of long, easy and scenic runs round at Terres Rouge and near the village but the prize here is Le Lachat; after admiring the view you have a choice of several fairly serious Reds, a serious Black and some knee-wobblingly-steep off-piste pitches off the back (which lead into wonderful, secluded powder fields when it's fresh - but get an instructor to show you the way). Sunday morning two weeks ago it was thigh deep on Le Lachat and the descents were awesome! Cool ...think you'll probably have to wait until next season for that to happen again though.... Crying or Very sad

The locals are lovely and are really into the mountains - La Clusaz regularly lays claim to national champions in various disciplines...

The food is good too and don't leave without a Reblochon. Dunno much about the nightlife TBH as we go there to ski... snowHead snowHead

...it's a great place to go in the summer too... hope that helps,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy