Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 1800, ski school ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HOWDY

Well its getting to that time again, (booking). Looks like a big bunch of us (including loadsa kids) are off to Plagne 1800, anyone got experiences /recommendations of ski schools in this resort

Ta very much
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, Belle Plagne ESF excellent; Montchavin ESF excellent: chances are Plagne 1800 will be OK too.
Just curious: why did you choose 1800 rather than one of the other bits of La Plagne?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Plagne Centre there is the 'Salomon Station'. They do a promotional deal of a week's ski hire and 4 3hr lessons for €200. (1day and 3hrs instruction €60)
U get the choice of this yr's range of kit which means, of course, that it's all brand new gear and U can chop and change all week, swapping Screams for Pocket Rockets or even skis for snowboard.

Instruction-wise, the guys are 'hand-picked' from ESF and frankly, I've never met instructors with more enthusiasm and sheer love for what they do. The groups they lead are max size 4 but they're a bit of a secret so early in the week before word's gone round, u can get a private lesson for yourself or u and a mate on the cheap.
The only drwback is that they don't do first-weekers.

Add to that, the fact that their shop is full of sofas and TV's showing mad skiing and that they make decent coffee too and u can't go wrong.

I made a comment about how this was the only shop in town where the people seemed 'happy' to serve u, to which the manager replied, "well, ve do not av to sell like ze shop, ve just av to make poeple know ze name Salomon and smile".

Please don't mistake my enthusiasm for a sales pitch, I don't own Salomon (yet): it's just that it's uncommon that I find something quite so worth raving about.

The deal is only possible because it's subsidised by Salomon's promotional budget. I'm pretty sure the local shops hate it and it won't last forever (I think they've been there 2-3 seasons so far).

I don't recall exactly where 1800 is in relation to Centre but if it's accessable, it's definately worth the effort.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, & admin, Thanks for the info. Firstly we chose 1800 because of:
a. Big chalet for big group, big lounge diner
b. Virtually ski in / out
c. Good deal Silver Ski Chalet Jasmine, 2nd Jan dept
d. 7 day holiday (not easy to find on that date.
e. Good resort
f. First choice was in Plagne Soleil, but was already booked

Last yr we went to Courchevel 1650 same week and had a fantastic holiday. Chalet Mors via Ski Olympic was superb for our big group (26 adults and youngish kids). They dont do 7 night hols that week, due to where New yr lands this yr. Many firms are doing 5 day hols!!.

I would have preferred Palgne Soleil as I have been to La Plagne twice before, but Chalet Jasmine loks a cracker. The chalet itself, and its position in the resort can make or break a group holiday.

Thanks for the info on Salomon, i think it may be a litlle too much for a crock like me. Thanks again, ESF sound surprisingly good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy