Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ISIA Standards (new ones)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have the correct info on the new Isia standards to get the fabled ISIA Stamp?
Here in Oz, APSI members with level 2 or level 3 qualify for the stamp. However, we've been told that to qualify now for the stamp, you need to be able to instruct in a 2nd language, be certified in a 2nd discipline, and hold an avalanche/off piste guide qualification.
Oz ski schools are adhering to his and people are acquiring these skills to get their ISIA stamp.

However, in the US, it seems these requirements are unknown. Level 3 there is what you need for the stamp.

What is the european info on these standards? I looked on the ISIA website but couldn't find any mention of it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowant, I'm in the process of doing my ISIA through BASI. This website give you the requirements http://www.basi.org.uk/courses/alp_isia.asp Let me know if there's anything else you want to know.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowant, how about here?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowant, As far as I know PSIA Full Certs are not accepted in France at the moment. Generally, I don't think many US Instructors want to come here anyway, but I know a number of BASIs who've gone over the pond after failing various European exams.

The language qualification is absolutely vital in Europe. Personally I have no respect for any instructor working in Europe who isn't at least bilingual - it's part of the job. Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another site here. It confirms the dual language requirement (under 2.1).
it mentions guiding off-piste on "marked" routes (see 2.2.4) - which seems a contradicton in terms - but I guess that means non-glacial intineraires?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick Zotov, I think that means known off pistes routes (like, go to the Madesimo site, and check their map, there are two/three runs marked black/orange, those are off-piste, but are still marked).
As for the language requirement, the'd better specify which languages...
What about someone coming to the examinatino and claiming that
German and Austrian are two different language?
Or German and Swiss German?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can work in France as an ISIA, but only as a stagaire with a ski registered to train stagaires. You will not be a fully fledged instructor until you have passed the Eurotest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy