Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suitable resort for honemoon in May

Poster: A snowHead
Is there one ? I have some friends getting married next April and they would like to go skiing for their honeymoon. Problem is that they can't go until late April or early May. Is there anywhere suitable? Possibly thinking of North America but don't know which resorts would offer the best chance of good skiing so late in the season. Resort must also have some charm and a variety of nightlife. Skiing to suit intermediates who like the odd challenge.

I'm sure they would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well,

From watching the reports and web cams I would say Sunshine/ Lake Louise look good quite late. Lake Louise closed on the 9th May and Sunshine is open for another week I think. Don't think there would be much else to do at Sunshine so staying in Banff would be an option.

I've just booked my Honeymoon to Lake Louise this December. Seems to have a long season. Booked through Ski Independence, based in Edinburgh.

Check out www.big3.com for webcams Sunshine/Lake Louise
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry,

I mean www.skibig3.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
masmith, If Zermatt is open then (should be), go there. Wonderfully romantic place. Superb scenery. Some very sensual hotels that really know how to pamper you.
If I get married again, that's where I would like to go......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, i told you already- were going to ANDORRA!

its their honeymoon cant then go earlier- they'll only get one!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Johnboy ... thanks for the tips on Lake Louise. Went to Banff myself a few years ago and would heartily recommend it, I just wasn't sure if the season went on long enough ... looks like it could though. Anyone know how late season skiing there compares to, say, Whistler or some of the US resorts ?

Zermatt could be an option but I know they have been there ... and having skied Europe regularly over recent years I think they quite fancied USA/Canada.

Somehow I don't think Andorra's on their agenda ... maybe for the stag do (go on Paul, you know you want to) !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whistler goes on later than banff/ll. LL had quite a bad spring this year and it was looking very patchy end April/early May. The trouble is you can never really predict where is going to be great.

I skiied Zermatt first week of April this year and there was already quite a lot melted - you couldn't ski down to the villages for example. However I did meet some people there who told me that some honeymooners there had been given special treatment, taken up after the lifts closed and brought down again in one of the grooming machines - sounds fun!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A few days in Vancouver followed by a ski trip to Whistler is probably my dream ski hoilday! My parents have been to Vancouver and loved it. They said it was friendly, relaxing and good food. Sounds like a good start to a honeymoon followed by some of the best skiing in the world.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
www.whistler-blackcomb.com

Sorry, not sure about hyperlinks! Opening times and seasonal info is on this website.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh, it works!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apparently Yakutsk has a very long season. Only about three lifts though.

So maybe this might be something a tad different?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This sounds like the perfect spot Wink. Guaranteed cold and snowy weather.... approaching mid-winter in fact in the southern hemisphere.

FROZEN ARDOUR!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skanky, fantastic links!!! see if i can scrape some money together for the heli drop experience in the future!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about Squaw Valley in California? I've never been there but I looked into it when I went to California in May
Quote:

Squaw Valley USA is kicking into high gear this spring with excellent conditions and scheduled skiing and riding through May 16th

www.squaw.com
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What about Val Thorens?
They've still got loads of snow at the moment.
latest report
Hi sarah42: Val T great place for skiing, rubbish place for a Honeymoon.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy