Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hilary Field (76) puts the youngsters to shame

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had to quote this article in full, as you can't link to the page directly ... it is from 'French News', an excellent expat news journal (in paper and electronic form), based in the Dordogne...

Quote:
TRANSJURASSIENNE
Briton stars in France’s longest ski race

ONLY a handful of British skiers took part in this spectacular event. Nevertheless race organisers were full of admiration for Hilary Field.
Although not among the leaders nor even taking part in the longest event, she not only completed the ladies 50km event, finishing a very respectable 148th, but took in the 25km the previous day as a warm-up, thought to be a unique achievement. I hope Mrs Field will not mind my mentioning that race records reveal she is 76.

The Transjurassienne from Lamoura in the Jura to Mouthe in the Doubs is the second longest ski race in the world after the Vasa loppet in Sweden. It is the only French event in the world cross-country long-distance skiing World Cup.

Mid February is the best time for cross-country skiing in the mountains along the Swiss border. The course is over spectacular scenery, straying a little into Switzerland but mostly in France. There is usually plenty of snow and the days are reasonably long.

The weather can be brilliantly sunny although when it is, there is a very cold north wind – la bise. Seven thousand skiers from 78 départements and 21 countries took part this year in what is actually a series of races, with 3,000 competitors in the main event.

The Tranjeune, for all ages up to 19, attracted 2,500 entrants. The course was manned by 1,050 volunteers and all the necessary facilities accompanied by 20 doctors.

You can take your pick from what is actually a series of events from the ten kilometres to the real thing at 76km, featuring international crosscountry champions, who finish the course in three hours. It takes me about that long to get out of the car, have a vin chaud and put my skis on. The organisers hope to see more Britons next year.
178-192
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good on ya Hilary Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy