Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
FT - graphic account of an avalanche that struck a group preparing to make the ascent of Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have great admirasion for anyone who has the 'faith' / 'bottle' / 'call it what you wil'l to continue these exhibitions.

With me, it's nasty to lose people you know and love, but at the same time they will always would want you to carry on.

Maybe it brings closure, maybe faith, but as long as it carries on, the better. People learn from others. Indirectly they teach all!

The great thing is that, this information in this article will provided more people with information to see the danger of the off piste and hopefully make them more prepared.

(I would like to point out that I know nothing about off-piste skinng (within bounds or not) , and even though it is a major thrill , I do not know how to link the thread about avalanche transmiters on this site etc.)

And I would like to add that I can't ski ANY depth of powder, but am trying to get the basics ideas from this site!

These people basically were prepared, it didn't work out for all. Hopefully the knowlegde will give more Snowheads the chance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good article PG and a pity one man died on the expedition. Here's more general background stuff about Mount Ararat for anyone interested. It is supposedly the resting place of Noah's Ark and there is yet another expedition being mounted soon to try to find it.

I've flown past the mountain many times (en route from Tehran to UK) and it's a spectacular sight from the air, especially in spring or autumn when it is snowy and all around is brown.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy