Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry Slopes (knockhatch in particular)

Poster: A snowHead
snowHead I can't take it anymore, can't wait till next year, going to have to give it a go. I'm down on the south coast in Brighton so the nearest place to me I think is http://www.ski-knockhatch.com/ has anyone been? any advice? anyone know of any other dry slopes nearby??

Thanks for any advice!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That seems to be the best option for you. You can get all the details here
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
see TRIPS: Milton Keynes Trip (Xscape Snowdome). If you can face the drive you'd be welcome..
For dry slopes see
www.amc-comm.demon.co.uk/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dan, if you go, I'd be interested in what you think of the Powder Pac
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, snowball thanks for those links, brilliant!!

Alan Craggs, definately i will.

I learnt to ski a few years ago on a tiny dry dendrix slope on a roundabout in Leicester. It must have been all of 20m long but did the trick. Also tried Swadlincote at the same time and that seemed huge to me!!! I noticed this surface was a bit different so hopefully no injuries that are associated with dendrix.

keep any advice on anything to do with dry slopes coming.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, may visit Milton Keynes one day, the cost seem pretty steep though compared to dry slopes so i'll give that a go first. Although i do fancy some lessons on the half pipe that has been introduced there - that seems like a fun way of damaging yourself!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dan, Not a fan of dry slope but if you don't mind a bit of a drive the Bowles Centre up above Crowborough is better than Knockhatch IMHO. Not that there's anything bad about KnockH I just prefer the dendix to the astroturf type stuff.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dan. This plastic slope on a Leicester roundabout. You say it's tiny. Tiny enough to be a mogul (mini-roundabout), or a bit bigger than that?

How many exits does it have, and do you have to go clockwise?

Can't think of any other intelligent questions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homphomp, I have painful memories of the Bowles Centre. Leaving after a session there I found that I couldn't release the handbrake on the car because of "Dendix thumb" on my left hand. (It was one of those handbrakes where you have to press the button in before the lever moves). I asked Mrs Z to release the brake for me, but she couldn't, as she had got "Dendix thumb" on her right hand. It took some contorting to be able to eventually release it with a good thumb.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, NehNeh in all jesting this thing was ridiculous. It was a proper set up with all the hire gear as was pretty busy, but it wasn't set on a hill, it was all scafolding..........when it got windy we thought it would blow over. But yeah it was only about 20 meters max and you had to walk back up to the top. Went to Swadlincote a few times after that and that seemed absolutely massive compared to this one.

homphomp, Crowborough is only a tad further than Knockhatch, I saw it on the web and the dendrix just frightens me...........Will probably give it a go at some point, depends on my experience at Knockhatch and how desperate for some more boarding that i get
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dan, give them both a try.....personally I can't ski on either, get me on dry slope and I immediately bang in a snowplough and curse my way down! It's MK or the real thing for me....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dan - isn't there something in Newhaven ? Used to be - but I've never tried it. Somewhere near the ferry terminal I think.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got a 15ft bank at the bottom of my garden. I reckon that if I can buy enough cheap hairbrushes cheaply, I should be able to teach the girlfriend how to hockey stop before the next trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky, that may be hoping for a bit much..................teaching women anything!!!

<quick........duck>

kuwait_ian, I'll have a look into it.............
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dan, true, but I might get £250 from "You've Been Framed".
latest report
David Goldsmith, someone suggested you might be interested in the Milton Keynes trip on Trips. Have you looked?
snow conditions
Dan, the Newhaven one closed years a go, and I would agree with homphomp, that the longer drive to Bowles is definately worth it.
We go there quite regularly (especially in the winter) for their ski coaching sessions which are excellent fun, and our family and friends have had private lessons there.
Been to Knockhatch as well, but didn't like it. They were having some problems with mud ouzing up through the snowflex which made for a very stop/start journey down - everytime you hit the muddy bits it was like someone yanking the brakes on. Mind you that was a year or so ago so they may have sorted it now.
snow conditions
Sarah L, A fellow Brightonian! The website for Bowles doesn't make it clear what the surface is and the size of the slope. The pictures show that it is clearly dendrix but i've looked at some other web forums (adrenalintrip.com) which suggests that the surface has changed to a snowflex or similar surface...........i've e-mailed them but no joy yet, can you tell me for definate....

Also heard from other forums that Knockhatch you can point your board (or skis) downhill and not move??

Some general info required here - what do you put on your base to help it move, i've heard things like Mr Sheen, fairy liquid????
snow report
Dan, They've put some snowflex on the nursery section at Bowles, as far as I know the main slope is still dendix....Sarah_L will know as a regular!

Friends of ours had real problems with not moving at Knockhatch last year but it was related to the mud problem and the fact that the snowflex is wearing out....they may well have sorted all this out by now....they'll surely be losing business if they don't!
snow report
Dan, I swear by Mr Sheen (regularly). Only lasts for about 2/3 of a run though.
snow conditions
Dan, yep homphomp, is right, Bowles has snowflex on the nursery slope and dendix on the main slope.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy