Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Custom Air helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

I've been looking at getting a helmet and so far the only one I've found that fits me comfortably is the rather expensive Salomon Prophet.
I can live with the price just a little worried about the durability of the custom air system, has anyone been using one for a while, any leaks?

Thanks in advance for any info.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a Salomon Ranger Custom Air and find it's great. Had it for a couple of years.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Daishan, Its basically the old Reebok Pump system in a helmet, and that system was durable and no real issues over long term use
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the Ranger Air and my wife has the women's equivalent. Both helmets are now about 3 years old with 10 week's use and the air system is fine. Took me a long time to be convinced that I wanted a helmet but it's really comfortable and keeps my head warm. Stays on better than a woolly hat so I'm a convert to helmets now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got one of the women's ones and it's going strong after 3 years or so
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
never really sold on wearing a helmet but took the plunge and bought one to try. Big mistake .... only a few vents ! I get warm anyways and without the vents the sweating got worse and so the colder i got !
anyways, as I took up telemarking last season and had the head plant thing going on I think its a sensible move to buy a vent with some helmet attached and a face bar !.
All that said , I tried the Salomon, i think it was a custom air or patol, and the smith variant and both vent systems worked well enough for me to replace my wooly hat, and i did not encounter any leaks despite having my head in the snow on more than one occassion.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just bought a Prophet custom air and it arrived today.

Really comfortable and the custom air gives it a really good fit around the back of the head.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies.
Nice to know that it should last if I buy one.

The more I think about it though, the more I think that the helmet is somewhat on the bulky side.... If i'm spending that kind of money I'd really like something more compact that doesn't make me look such a twit.
Oh well will take another look at them before skiing Tuesday night.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Daishan wrote:
I'd really like something more compact that doesn't make me look such a twit.

I have found that this is an almost impossible task...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Legend. wrote:
Daishan wrote:
I'd really like something more compact that doesn't make me look such a twit.

I have found that this is an almost impossible task...

I went for the compact look. I squeezed my fat head into a gridiron style hat. My podgy red cheeks out front ..... Looked like I'd just been shot out of a circus cannon !!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dont fprget your sunnys to go with your new helmet wink wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skitech wrote:
Dont fprget your sunnys to go with your new helmet wink wink

I'll use my goggles thank you very much NehNeh

I don't really want a helmet but I do have a tendency to push things a little further than I should, so kind of feel I should wear one.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you think that is pricey or bulky consider that I wear a Sweet Protection Trooper, probably more bulky and may again have the warmth problem for some but I love the sweet helmets.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tkmaxx have got them in pink online in xxl http://www.tkmaxx.com/womens-ski+snowboarding/pink-custom-air-helmet-/invt/02107330?VBMST=Salomon and altrincham have got the same helmet but in yellow and a m in store.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy