Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski lessons chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
can anyone recommend one of the ski schools at chamonix please. i was going to go with esf but I've since heard alot of negative reviews.

many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've always used Evolution 2 in Chamonix, for kids and Mrs H (and a few privates for me). Always found them great. Sensible size group classes if that's what you're looking for and good instructors whether group or private.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dave_3, people rarely offer positive reviews...

We usually recommend Evo 2, but where are you staying? As the different schools typically use different areas...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@dave_3, people rarely offer positive reviews...

We usually recommend Evo 2, but where are you staying? As the different schools typically use different areas...

we are staying near the brevent lifts the alpina eclectic hotel .. but don't really mind what area we have to travel to
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used https://maisonsport.com to book private lessons in Chamonix over the last 2 years. The instructor will come to meet you at whichever mountain you prefer.

Maison is like Uber for ski instructors. I was taught by an Aussie instructor named Glenn last year, who was great. Not sure if you can do Group lessons though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any further recommendations on this please?

We're staying at the Folie Douce Hotel, which I think is by the Savoy/Samaran lift.

Thanks very much
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
had a lesson yesterday with British ski school. it was very good
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rossyl, If you manage to get enough sleep to want lessons... Savoy lifts are drags for bunnies. But handy to get you to the Brevent cabines. ESF teach up there.

There seem to be a sprinkling of independents kicking around this year but I have heard no reports good or bad.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had an exceptional experience with ESF in Argentiere. My wife and children used ESF in Tour de Balme. Went very well. That's all I can say... my instructor in Argentiere was so good (private lesson/guide) that I hired him for two more days to guide me around Grands Montets
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ItaloSkier, we’re huge fans of ESF Argentiere, the instructors that we and friends have had (at least a dozen so far!) have been universally excellent and the rates are very reasonable.

Out of interest which instructor did you get?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowdave wrote:
@ItaloSkier, we’re huge fans of ESF Argentiere, the instructors that we and friends have had (at least a dozen so far!) have been universally excellent and the rates are very reasonable.

Out of interest which instructor did you get?

Jean-Marie... I would willingly work a vacation around being exposed to more of his wisdom.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After years of being attacked by the venomous ESF ski snake, I can't relent and book them.

Will give British ski school a look

Any other recommendations?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rossyl, BASS (which is what I think @dave_3 is referring to are very good in Morzine, and presumably cnsistently across all sites - but rather more expensive I believe - no experience with that). http://basschamonix.com/unlock-your-potential

I would usually suggest Evo2 but they usually work at La Tour and Grands Montets and as you are nearest to Brevent seems like an unnecessary chore to travel if you don't have to.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Correct it is Bass. They where more expensive by about £20 for a 3 hour lesson. I'd heard bad stories about evo2 so didn't want to risk it. Whilst on the mountain we saw a group of 3 adults having a lesson with evo2 and they looked like they was having a great time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
my wife is a very nervous skier & I have booked her a 3 hour with BASS in hope that it installs some confidence. Will report back.
ski holidays
As great as ESF Argentiere was, I found that every time I tried to contact Evo2 (3x prior to our trip), I would not get a response. Not sure why but that made me settle on ESF and it ended up being a great experience.
snow report
are there any British ski schools operating in the Chamonix valley, other than BASS ? I'm looking for recommendations for instructors / schools who ideally speak English as a first language. The recommendation is for a friend who speaks English as a second language and sometimes struggles to understand instructors speaking English as a second language.
latest report
@ZombieSi, there are a few independents but I’m not aware of any other pure-Brit ski schools (not even sure BASS is purely brits for that matter). E.g. Mark Gear gets good reviews, tho I’ve not used him myself.

There are plenty of very fluent English speaking instructors at ESF who e.g. have british family or have worked in US/Canada/ Oz.

Why are you ruling out BASS?
latest report
Hey @ZombieSi, I've skied with Freedom Snowsports ski school in Chamonix. The have British instructors, also Italian. I skied with one of the Italian instructors who spoke fluent English (I think all the Freedom Snowsports folks do). My Kids skied with one of the British instructors and she was excellent.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy