Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montafon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of trying this area. Not sure of best all round village to stay in regarding convenience to slopes, charm, apres, dining out etc.
Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lived in Schruns for a year and a half. What do you wanna know?

Generally: great area for powder, with little competition for fresh tracks. Little apres to speak of, but Schruns probably has the most of what there is. Gargellen and St Gallenkirk probably have easiest/quickest access to lifts (depending on where in each village you are - Schruns could be 2-15 minute walk to the lift). Schruns definitely has the biggest choice of restaurants, but the majority serve similar traditional Austrian style food. Great Italian place too though.

I'd probably pick Schruns overall, but not by a big margin.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, thanks for the info.

I am not loyal to one resort, try different every year. Been to Skiwelt and Alpbach before, I'll be skiing with kids we are more of intermediates, would you recommend Montafon for family with kids. I could be wrong here, I read that Montafon resort runs are understated, is that something I should watch out since my youngest is still learning. I don't want to be heading out with kids to black level runs that are marked as red.

My wife doesn't ski but likes to go around villages and for small walks, which of the villages ticks the typical pretty and charming. She likes the typical Austrian villages.

Tourist website say there are tobogganing runs, anyone tried are they good and long runs and open for Christmas.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks clarky.
Is the bus service linking the seperate areas good and where would the best place to stay to make easiest use of it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spenney, no worries! Honestly not sure about the busses; we either walked to the lift in Schruns (most of the time) or drove up to St Gallenkirk or Gargellen.

@pressi, I'd say resort runs are pretty fairly graded tbh. Return to Schruns has one steeper section, but I wouldn't call it a black. Run back to St Gallenkirk are easier, but I think then you'd have a steep uphill walk/bus to where the accommodation is there.

All the villages are fairly pretty, but tbh they're all quiet, with not much to do as a non-skier. However from Schruns she could very easily hop on a direct train to Feldkirch, which is also lovely and has much more going on. Plenty of walking from each of the villages, though Gargellen might be too snowy to be practical for that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clarky999, can you say much about the snow conditions in Montafon? Am wondering whether to go in the first week of January. The altitudes look low and so far there's been rain up to 2000m here in Switzerland. However, I think Voralberg gets pretty good snow due to location. Any insight? (even if general, not specific to current conditions) Thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy