Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass Prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My first post - looking forward to the coming season!
My family (2 adults 2 kids) are off to Montgenevre w\c 15 Dec - hopefully be some snow!
The people I have booked accommodation through is offering me lift passes at 160 euro adult & 173 euro children (age 6 - 14). Bit strange that kids are more expensive than adults!
I was wondering, could I book 4 adult passes instead? This would save me 26 euro, which is not a lot, but every little helps! Would there be any issues with the passes on the slope?
Thanks for any advice!
Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15th Dec.. V brave! I did it last year and got away from it.

Very good prices there...Serre Che, where I've been the last 2 years, is 200 euros when booked through accommodation. 3V, where I'm going in Jan, is 306!

We have looked at going to Montgenevre so would love to know how you get on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://skipass.montgenevre.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-via-lattea-1413/?s=2018-01-07&sk%5B0%5D%5Bage%5D=39&sk%5B1%5D%5Bage%5D=39&sk%5B2%5D%5Bage%5D=39

looks to see if its cheaper to go direct

>6 days-skipasses First & Last Virages (Domaine Grand Montgenèvre)

Conditions : From the opening till 21/12/18 - From 06/04/2019 till the closing of resort Montgenevre

They show different prices
Junior : 124 € (instead of 174,50 €)
Adult : 156 € (instead of 218,00 €)

Also

Pass Famille
Skipass 1 : Adulte
€218.00
Skipass 2 : Adulte
€218.00
Skipass 3 : Enfant
€174.50
Skipass 4 : Enfant 1/2
€87.25( 50% off €174.50-€87.25)
€654

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 15-11-18 14:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Winter wrote:

I was wondering, could I book 4 adult passes instead?Would there be any issues with the passes on the slope?

Welcome to Snowheads. I can't see any reason why it would be an issue but I would check that offer because it really doesn't seem to make any sense!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless a tour operator is offering something like a bogof on passes or gets a good group rate (Thanks Admin on bashes!!), I've always got a family pass (also 2 adults, 2 children) directly in resort. In fact the last time I used a tour op to get a pass thinking it would save time / hassle on arrival they totally c0cked it up and we lost skiing tume sorting it out, fortunately kids weren't in ski school that time else they'd have not been able to join their lesson that morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@always29, which TO? That wasn’t Sunweb was it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies!
jonnyboy9 I went skiing same time last year and there was plenty of snow, so it will be the same this year, right....?!! Montgenevre is at least one of the more guaranteed resorts (outside the glacier ones from what I have read), so hopefully between now and then there will be some snow. I got all excited a week ago, when it snowed, but its all gone now. Next forecast is for Tuesday next week, but also the temp looks like its dropping, so hopefully will be snowmaking
Mr.Egg Thanks for the link, I have looked at this before. The first prices that you gave are for the Montgenevre area ONLY. I was looking at the Monts de la Lune, which comes out as €697.75 (not the €654). Mind you will the Italian resorts be open, so it may be worth just going for Montgenevre only....!
Layne Guess I need to check over the phone with the people I booked with, but this their price list has a varying price for adults, and a fixed price for children of €173.
always29 Getting in resort will probably be €697, or doing it the legit way through my tour operator will be €666, and doing the 4 adults option will be €640, saving nearly €60.

I only started looking at this as I can see the £ tanking against the € (again) over the next few weeks with all this Brexit Bo**ocks!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mike Winter, I get pass deals when booking in Paradiski and also got a small discount when booking a place in La Tania. It's obviously a good incentive.

I'm out 22nd December so have a week extra as contingency on the snow front!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Milky Way links are unlikely to be open 15th December, hence the cheaper prices from the lift pass office for a Grand Montgenevre pass. I suggest buying them nearer the time online or when you arrive.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, nope - was Esprit in VdI - they did lop some money off our bar tab at the end of the week though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@NickyJ, nope - was Esprit in VdI - they did lop some money off our bar tab at the end of the week though.

Good on the bar tab but disappointing to read about Esprit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy