Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitbuhl - Januar7 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yo Snowheads, booked w/c Jan 12th to Kitzbuhl for our first ski trip of the 2019 season...first time there - any tips/comments/apres recommendations!? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To some extent it depends on snow conditions and also what sort of skiing you like. The best snow is often in the Pass Thurn area. The runs under the Zweitausender chair are good and there is some off piste around there too. If you are a bit nervous you might want to check on the state of the red run back to the bottom whilst riding the chair up , it can get a bit tricky if icy. Again if the snow is good the long ski route from Pengelstein to Jochberg is fun and not too difficult, there used to be a couple of mini bus taxis doing a shuttle to the bottom of the Jochberg lifts to save a 10 minute or so walk, cost a few Euros. I like the Ochsalm black run above Kirchberg, it is hidden away amongst the trees so is quiet (partially avoids the hordes on the descent) and is an old fashioned sort of run as no snow canons (so not always open). The Steinbergkogel chair leads to a good number of blacks, ski routes and off piste.

If you simply want to get the kilometres in then it is worth getting the Kitzbüheler Alpen ski card. There is a shuttle bus from the bottom of the Pengelstein lift to the Ki West lift which is part of the Westendorf section of SkiWelt (takes about 5 minutes). Lots more blues and reds there. There are buses and the train (included in the skipass) back to Kitzbühel if you fancy apres in Brixen or Kirchberg.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For intermidiots like me, I like Red 21 - which follows the route of the Hahnenkahm downhill, missing out the steeps.
It's nothing too tricky, but best in the morning or the middle of the day as it can get busy as people use it as a return run at the end of the day.

I fancy having a go at the Giggling skiroute this year, which looks gentle enough on Youtube, but doesn't take you to a lift. A walk or taxi ride is needed at the end.

http://youtube.com/v/xzx3GrARWMY
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimonkey1958, Off piste runs down to Bichlalm, also Jochberg/ Pass Thurn.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good choice. A lovely town and great ski area, Im back there in March for the 8th time. A nice range of cruisey blues and enjoyable reds/blacks. Pass Turn/Jochberg has the shorter but flattering runs with a nice red to the bottom of the valley (77 Breitmoos), black 55 Hochsaukaser a personal fave, a bit out of the way but worth it. Plenty of good mountain restaurants. efficient lifts, the 3S gondola with the glass panel in the floor is "interesting". One tip, to get back to the Hahnenkahm gondola, you will need to shuss from just above the little church on the blue run back, or have a little walk.

There are ski lockers at the Hahnenkahm gondola. Enjoy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy