Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du soliel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been to portes du soliel ski area in mid march. Only have 4 days free to ski with my daughter this year. Looks like this is not too far away from Geneva airport. Will look for coach transfer . Both intermediate skiiers.
Thanks mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And your question is?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mark85000@hotmail.com,
yes, what would you like to know about?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha sorry. Just wondered about quality of snow generally in mid to late march, suitability for intermediates. Accomodation recommendations, ski hire etc. Anybody used bus service from airport to resort.
Thanks
Mark
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends where you are, PdS is kinda a big place. Went to Avoriaz for last week of March last year and was plenty of snow but a bit slushy down towards Prodains. Bottom of Morzine (around the town) was a bit well used too.

Also had a couple days of decent snowfall so plenty of time playing in soft stuff too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quantity of snow probably fine in mid to late March, but likely to be getting slushy in the afternoons lower down and on south facing slopes. Sure there'll be plenty of good areas to keep you occupied for 4 days though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been skiing Morzine 2nd and 3rd week in March for years, always had enough snow but in poor seasons sometimes limited on the lower slopes. Avoriaz always holds up a bit better if the snow is limited, particularly in the mornings on north facing slopes, easy to get to from Morzine if needed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to PDS a few times and mostly in mid-March - it's generally been pretty good up higher in Avoriaz, Morzine and Les Gets can get a bit brown towards the end of March in my experience.

Morzine has lots of options for bars and restaurants etc but Avoriaz better for younger kids and most (if not all) accommodation is ski in/out. Also has a decent swimming pool and is car free.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can only speak for the Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz corner but there are more shared transfer providers than you can shake a stick at. Geneva->Morzine return, shared transfers should set you back about £60-£70pp (rtn), maybe a little less for Les Gets*/a little more for Avoriaz.

* Unless you're on a tight budget I'd probably avoid Les Gets. It's a great area and ideal for families/beginners but as intermediates you'll probably feel you've skied the Morzine/Les Gets area out after a couple of days and it's more of a mission to get up to Avoriaz from Les Gets vs. Morzine. From memory most of the other major PdS resorts are in the main area, either on the mountain like Avoriaz or at the other end of a gondola like Chatel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just noticed that the PdS "Rock the Pistes" is on from 17th to the 23rd March, which may interest you ( http://en.rockthepistes.com/ ). I'll be there that week although personally I'm still not sure if that is a good thing or not Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy