Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought anything exciting for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
After last year's mini splurge- Union bindings, K2 Kool Bean deck and Oakley Prizm lenses the only thing I needed for this season was gloves. However my girlfriend got me some Hestras for my birthday recently so I think I'm all set!

Obviously the wanting of shiny new things never decreases but I'll have to live vicariously through you guys snowHead So what have you bought or are planning to buy for this season?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
apologies for jumping into a snowboard thread but could resist spreading the new season vibe snowHead

for my sons xmas pressy...... amplid milligram split board

had a massive clearcut last year after reassessing my specific needs and the right tools for the job and therefore had a very fun summer sorting a whole new set up for this seasons adventures Toofy Grin

everyday resort and side country setup ...Salomon QST 99 skis .. shift binding ...g3 alpinest skins ...nordica strider freeride boots

super light touring set up ...kastle tx 98 skis ... Tecton bindings ... Fischer travers boots ... bd vapour poles ...arctryx sk 32 backpack... Petzl rad line 30m rope and lightweight harness and ice screw

outer wear .... arcteryx atom ar jacket ...OR deviator hoody ... jottnar shell jacket and pants .

and of course 4 transatlantic flights to beautiful BC

does help having access to some very good pro deals wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 7-11-18 11:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A new 23cm base scraper - already used it, it's a joy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dabber, wow your son is lucky!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the last day of last season, I finally got around to trying out the new Whitedots. Their official name is something beginning with 'A' that I can never remember, (Altinum maybe?) but everyone calls them the Whitedot ASBOs.

Anyway... having got my hands on the prototypes, there was a fat chance of them getting those back, well not once I'd got my feet on them anyway!! WIKID skis! And a key reason why I'm looking forward to the PSB so much snowHead

Actually, while we're on the kit buying subject, I should probably order some buffs!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A watch with my name on it:

http://gabelpoles.com/en/watches-altimeters-and-barometers/35-altis-ti-multifunction-altimeter-watch-highgear-altitech-689643200857.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Volkl Selecta 158 - one of the last made before Volkl shut down their snowboard arm. Directional freeride/powder board which I'm hoping works for me in the trees and chutes.
Didn't need a new powder board to add to the collection but this filled a gap ....... in the wall rack. Birthday present to myself rolling eyes
K2 PowWow - directional freeride/powder board. For my daughter whose centred twin park board struggled in the deep stuff last winter.
Carbon Highbacks - an upgrade to a set of Flow NX2 bindings.
Sweet Protection Igniter MIPS helmet - an upgrade to my helmet from something like 2001 I think.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Trip to Japan (cancelled and rebooked form last year) Jones Hovercraft, Giro Axis goggles to match the Giro (something) helmet I didn't get to use............ snowHead snowHead snowHead

Edit: Oh and a pair of Westbeach bibs I bought off sport pursuit and forgot about.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 8-11-18 10:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to see we're keeping the snow industry going Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not allowed to buy any more boards, but have bought a nice Stellar Equipment 'Guide' jacket and pants.

Next purchase is likely to be updating my Kendo skis, but that can wait.

First slide is 24th Nov... I'll be on a board snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ride Warpig . . . nuff said . . . self harm in a new and exciting package Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just picked up a pair racers unused sponsored FIS slalom skis, Nordica Dobermanns. A couple of weeks until I get to try them out.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did a lot of hardwear upgrades last season so was the turn of clothing mostly this year. Did sell a lot of my old kit to offset the cost and mostly from the summer sales

Norrona Lofoten GTX Pro jacket and trousers
Arcteryx Atom LT
Arcteryx Cerium SL gilet
Rab Alpha Direct Hoody
Mammut hybrid top thing
Oakley Flak shades

Might have forgotten some bits...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nothing for me, splurged to much last year on stepons & a XV board, but got the other half a pair of Vans Aura. She is complaining they hurt her feet & refuse to believe they need breaking in.
I may pick some bits n pieces up from the Burton shop during my Innsbruck trip though. Also tempted to try some ski mojos for my knee - but that wont be until march.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rome Blur to replace old Nitro Blacklight.
Columbia Powder Keg jacket, purchased at the tail end of last season so not technically new.
Luckily my I/OXs were replaced by Snow & Rock under warranty even though Smith failed to.
Few new baselayers but they don't meet the "exciting" criteria.
snow report
pair of J ski masterblasters for a bargain £150 , scott voodoos £150 brand new, Rottefella freedoms £100 ... now need a mojo !
latest report
Prizm hi pink lenses.
Zak planning on demoing some of the new style of surf snowboards soon at mk, so will have to hide my wallet after that
ski holidays
@grahamt1980, I would hate to ride my Kool Bean in a fridge so your wallet may be safe!
snow conditions
Rossi XV and a replacement set of Now Drive bindings
snow conditions
I want to try a yes optimistic, I guess the main thing I am looking at is a much stiffer board than my typo or huck knife. The Jones ultra mountain twin absolutely ripped when I tried one, so want to experiment
latest report
Love the UMT. Have tried one a few times, and got one on order for April delivery to replace a well used MT.
latest report
I did an almost full new kit last season so not much to buy this year.

I am going to get some custom footbeds, but waiting til the resort. Actually this thread reminds me I need to book the fitting.
snow conditions
Yes Jackpot 2017 to replace my stiffer Yes Jackpot 2015
Burton Cartel Leather replaced Union T.Rice
Level Patrol Mitts
Electric EG3 volcom x goggles
oh and a Toko cork thing

Apart from the Jackpot everything is new but bought on sale during the summer.
latest report
So far:
Yes Basic
Burton Step on Bindings and Photon Boot combo

Wife:
Salomon Wonder
Burton Step on Bindings and Felix Boot combo

Daughter:
Head Raptor 70 RS Junior Ski Boots
Roxy Girls Shima Girl Ski's and Easytrak C5 Bindings
snow conditions
Yes, seasonal lease on an apartment in Borovets Smile
ski holidays
I'm waiting for my new board to be delivered today, a YES Libre.

A mate of mine managed to pick up a brand new Bataleon Whatever on eBay for £240 so we may swap boards as we're more suited to what the other one has bought.

I also fancy some new boots so will have to go and try some on.

The problem with a new board is that the colour scheme is different to my current, that means I 'have' to now find a new jacket and trouser combo Laughing
snow report
I bought a new hoover and a garlic press and a 2m+ inflatable lobster, that's how exciting my life is.
snow report
@DB, we need pics of the lobster
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not bought anything yet but did find out I won a £100 S&R voucher at the ski snow the other week. Which is nice.
snow report
leggyblonde wrote:
@DB, we need pics of the lobster

Rather than me taking the usual 4 hours to inflate it and then take a picture, here's a stock photo. Pictures of hoover and garlic press available on request although I'll warn you now - they are not as exiciting.

latest report
@DB, I'm jealous!
snow report
@leggyblonde,

On the family summer holiday in Italy I was ruling the waves. Maybe next year I might even let the kids try it too.
latest report
admin wrote:
On the last day of last season, I finally got around to trying out the new Whitedots. Their official name is something beginning with 'A' that I can never remember, (Altinum maybe?) but everyone calls them the Whitedot ASBOs.

Anyway... having got my hands on the prototypes, there was a fat chance of them getting those back, well not once I'd got my feet on them anyway!! WIKID skis! And a key reason why I'm looking forward to the PSB so much snowHead

Actually, while we're on the kit buying subject, I should probably order some buffs!

I think we need a proper review of the Asbo - I'm very tempted.
ski holidays
Last seasons Burton Ions for a riduculously low price of £179, and yesterday, an extremely rare event for me, buying a full price current year bit of kit:

A 2019 Nitro Squash 163cm

https://www.nitrousa.com/mens-board-collection/squash/
snow report
Only a new Arceteryx Shell Jacket so far. Currently eyeing up a Dupraz board
snow conditions
delete

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 13-11-18 18:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Bought a skitrip in a very low laying area at Christmas - now that is exciting! Toofy Grin (some might say stupid though)
ski holidays
Hyst wrote:
Bought a skitrip in a very low laying area at Christmas - now that is exciting! Toofy Grin (some might say stupid though)

No risk no fun wink
snow report
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Not bought anything yet but did find out I won a £100 S&R voucher at the ski snow the other week. Which is nice.

And an Ortovox back pack this week. Not a bad haul for free tickets!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy