Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel snow shoeing for a non downhill skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm arranging a short break for a few friends in early March and have access to my sister's apartment in Chatel. One person doesn't want to do downhill skiing but would be interested in snow shoeing /cross country skiiing or other activities. I think there are some trails but if it's just one person they would need to be part of an arranged group so they aren't by themselves all day. Does anyone know if anyone offers guiding for snow shoeing in Chatel? Or any recommendations for a resort which would have more group activities for an active non downhill skier to join? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SHs, @LadyDi. I can't answer your question about Chatel but as an alternative, Les Saisies has masses of opportunities for guided snow-shoeing at all levels of strenuousness, and excellent XC skiing - but if your friend hasn't done XC before, it's best to take lessons, unless they just want to shuffle round a flat track which is a bit pointless - snow shoeing much better. But if you have a free apartment in Chatel, makes sense to go there!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LadyDi,
There is a lovely road up to Super Chatel from Chatel village.
Also from Pre La Joux there are a couple of nice routes.
There is a cross country skiing centre with different circuits at La Chapelle, from where you can also snow shoe.
The cross country circuits have grooves for classic and flats for skating.
There is an ESF where you can also get lessons.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LadyDi wrote:
I'm arranging a short break for a few friends in early March and have access to my sister's apartment in Chatel. One person doesn't want to do downhill skiing but would be interested in snow shoeing /cross country skiiing or other activities. I think there are some trails but if it's just one person they would need to be part of an arranged group so they aren't by themselves all day. Does anyone know if anyone offers guiding for snow shoeing in Chatel? Or any recommendations for a resort which would have more group activities for an active non downhill skier to join? Thanks

I know 4000 people who offer snowshoeing Very Happy quite a few in that area. Send me a message and I'll find one for you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowshoeing in Chatel offers the incomparable advantage of meeting your skiing buddies at the semi-mythical Chalet de Théo for lunch. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.chatel.com/les-circuits-raquettes.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@shep, is it possible to easily reach Chalet de Theo by skis?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Ozboy, there's no piste but if the snow cover is good you can go down the road from Barbossine midstation and it's only a short walk up hill. I've also done it from below the off piste near Mouet and bush whacking through the trees. (Gets nice spring snow but has been known to slide).

If you know the right route it might be easier (I don't!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy