Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap family trip - Easter Hols 19

Poster: A snowHead
I've looking at taking the kids (12y/10y) away for a the week before Easter. Trying to do it as cheap as I can.

Looking for another family(s) to join.

Currently, I've found:

Flights Bristol -> Toulouse on Sun 7th Apr, rtn 14th Apr. Approx £70 pp + luggage. (so around £300 for 3 seats/2 bags/1 large snowboard bag)
Car hire approx £200.
Accom in Ax les Therms approx £300. Could go to other French Pyrenees resorts etc.

Also open to driving to the French alps - leaving Fri/Sat etc...

About us:
Kids are both good skiers and will be with me on the mountain. I'm on a board. We ride on and off piste - love playing in the slush - minor jumps through the park. Lots of goofing around in the spring conditions.

Any one interested?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd recommend somewhere higher than Pyrenees. Snow is slushy(if they have any), even in March.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @earl, I could be interested. I'll PM you.

I've done a few budget SC family holidays at Easter, and one where we took a last minute deal on a catered chalet via the Chalet Direct 'solutions' area.

"Height is everything", at least in April, which is why I've often found myself going back to the 3V, and Val Thorens in particular. But I'd be very interested to try somewhere else.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can also look on Booking.com, cos they have loads of apartments everywhere. Private Hire usually works out as cheap as transfers or hire car, if you've 8 or so, and better with kids, as waiting and shorter transfer times. I'm sure there are lots of High resorts, but Les Deux Alpes might be worth looking at; I like it anyway.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Give me a yell Tom.

Easter was in Pila last season and Puy Staint Vincent the season before.

Puy Staint Vincent was really late in the season - the bottom half was closed and the upper was typical spring. But it doesn't really worry me too much. We/I love riding the slush - fast and furious style. Landings are soft, sun is out, weather is warm. In a way - its better for the kids. (but they do miss out on the pow...)

Lack of fresh snow on the roads means it was easy to do days away Serre Chevalier/Sestriere/Montgenevre. Great variety - good fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@earl, hi, I would be interested, my son and I don't have any skiing planned yet and it's driving me crazy. I can't really face a whole week of just 14 year old boy conversation as much as I love him! We are both intermediate skiers. I have not done off piste but keen to learn and could always try and do a course in Scotland (where we live) before proposed trip... We live 20 miles south of Edinburgh. I am female, I don't need luxury just cleanliness and decent grub and snow! Jo
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Pee
I've booked the week the 8th Apr off at work so I'm committed.

Tomj has been in touch and we threw around some ideas. We both live in the south so we have the option to drive.

If your window shopping for accom then its 3 adults + 5 kids from 10y-14y. As long as the kids get along - imagine how much fun they will have as gang all riding together Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are you open to suggestions location which? How many kids with each parent for you guys? I can put a post on the solutions room.... So would you likely drive then?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@earl, have pm'd you. Can't for the life of me fathom out how to add multiple addressees but it's aimed at tomj and peeble too!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I believe you just comma separate the usernames
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi folks, I have no idea how to private message anyone Very Happy aarrgghhhh gonna put a post on solutions room now
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@peeblesarmenian, if you click on the plus symbol next to a persons name, the menu pops up, which has a PM button on.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@peeblesarmenian what is the solutions room?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@earl, its an area on the chalets direct website that you enter what you are looking for and chalet owners respond
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right - just to let you know I'm the opposite of a organiser...

Interest so far is:

Earl - man/boy/girl
TomJ - man/boy/girl
Always29- women/man/boy/boy
peeblesarmenian - women/boy

Budget seams to be what we are after here.... Hope fully this will be the type of season where is is plenty of lat late snow. And as I said ^ - I love slush so I'm happy not to be at the highest resort - but thats just me.

If anybody want to try organise something soon then please be my guest. Otherwise I'll look closer to the time. I think France will be the way to go - so driving is possible (for me and TomJ anyway..)

Anyone suggestions for accom etc.. please my ears are all open.
latest report
Hi, I would like to point out that I am woman not a man Very Happy

i have already posted on the chalets direct 'solutions room' website under 'snowheads' and we have had 38 replies (basically if you post on this website what you are looking for then people with offers of rooms/chalets etc come to you).
Go here:https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

I haven't had time to scroll through them yet. I booked a holiday using this facility once before and I got a a really good deal after contacting them directly (ie I did a deal with them)....so...take a look? Maybe we should set up a group in whatsapp or something to chat better? Jo (female woman for sure ha ha )
ski holidays
And I suspect that we could really get a good deal as it is so late in the season so I would take the prices quoted with a massive pinch of salt. Another option is to re-post once we have more exact numbers and state the price we are willing to pay? That way we get more useful without all the crazy fancy high end stuff?
just my thought
Jo
ski holidays
oo, I maybe be interested Very Happy . It would be 2 adults + a 7 year old girl. I'm not sure are there any other similar age kids going? Have you established where are you going yet?
snow conditions
@Nemeziss - I think one of those kids are also 7/8.
ski holidays
Have you established where are you going yet?

Not in the limited communications I've had so far. I'm willing to go anywhere. It all depends who rises to the top and becomes the chief organiser Wink
ski holidays
@peeblesarmenian

chaletsdirect - thats on to it. I was also thinking AirBB as I've seen some places for 10+ people.

Whatsapp group would be good. I'll PM you my phone number...
latest report
Worth checking Sunweb, this is what we used to book the following week. We decided on Mayrhofen, though the other apartments in where we are going are now fully booked.
snow report
I reckon book the time off work now to secure the week, then repost on Chalet Direct closer to the time and when we know what the snow is like.

And also scour the package deal sites.

We could also look at SunWeb, that's a good suggestion @NickyJ.

I'm not wedded to France, happy to consider somewhere else. I'd probably drive, but if there was a great package deal in Italy, say, then I'd go for that.

But if there's no snow left in April, or it all looks horribly expensive, then I'd probably take the 'no snow holiday this year, kids!' approach.
snow report
Had a look at AirBB around the Megeve area. Something like below is £2000 total for the week 12 beds (+ some sofa beds I'm assuming)

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/21922391?s=51
latest report
@earl, meant to say with Sunweb price includes lift passes.
ski holidays
earl wrote:
Had a look at AirBB around the Megeve area. Something like below is £2000 total for the week 12 beds (+ some sofa beds I'm assuming)

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/21922391?s=51

Will Megeve be open at Easter? I recall that their season is shorter than some of he other resorts?
snow report
Not a clue - Just a random place i searched on to get a wild ballpark figure.

I had a look at those 'rack rate' chaletsdirect posts. Some were getting up to £7k total for the week.
snow report
earl wrote:
Not a clue - Just a random place i searched on to get a wild ballpark figure.

I had a look at those 'rack rate' chaletsdirect posts. Some were getting up to £7k total for the week.

I would be looking to avoid Megeve from late March onwards (others will disagree) unless the season is a ripper
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For what it’s worth, Little Lord Seagrave and I were in Prato Nevoso in April this year (flew out Easter Sunday), and, despite a bit of slush on some southerly aspects, the conditions were pretty agreeable.

Flew to Nice, followed by a monster 3-hour transfer.

Great hol though.

LS
latest report
Right. Just booked for borovets for this Xmas week. Seams super cheap as far as packages go. 320£ for Hb + 126£ for a adult 6 day pass. Kids were under 70£ I think.

Bulgaria might be a option for Easter as all the reviews say the snow come mid to late season.

Anyway anyone else out here at Xmas, give me a tell and we'll hook up for a few runs.
snow conditions
Hi everyone, I havent been on here in a while, I have Earl's number so am hoping to set up a whats app group so it can be a bit easier to discuss who is defo on for what in terms of holiday. If you want to join whats app group please PM me your number, thanks, Jo Very Happy
latest report
Hey everyone (anyone???).

I still plan to head away 6/7 April. Nothing booked on my side besides annual leave.

For DIY flight based trip I'm still looking at either Toulouse or Nice because they are both have cheap flights. Hire a car, 2 hour drive, airbb etc... Problem is neither the southern alps or Pyrenees have great snow at the moment.

For DIY drive based trip it will be the usual places in France. Sunweb are advertising £230pp Accom and Lift tickets only in Valloire which is a interesting and big enough resort.

I've heard good things about Pamporovo Bulgeria as a cheap, good family area but I don't know how to get there in Easter as the holiday companies have stopped by then.

Just some more info:
Nice - Isola2000+Auron area 155 eur adult 6 day pass
Drive - Valloire Area 205eur adult 6 day pass
snow report
Why don't you go to Val Thorens on the 13th April with the snow heads family bash? Great price, great resort, great company. Can't beat it!
ski holidays
Why not? cost more than anything. I'm aiming for £300-350/pp + lift pass.
ski holidays
Hi @earl, I should say that I'm now booked on the SFaB in VT from 13th. As @Nemeziss, says this should be a lot of fun. VT at v Easter with the v Snowheads is v much a known quantity, so I went on the basis of what I know.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 20-01-19 13:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
It's £588 accom including lift pass. How much can you get the lift pass for on it's own?
snow conditions
@earl, EoSB is £464 including lift pass. 6-day lift pass is €204 so about £180 putting the accommodation element at £284 and under your lower limit?
snow report
@Gamsbock - sorry didn't see your post until now.

Ok folks. I've booked up for Easter. If anybody wants to join us then the details are below:

Total approx £1525 for all 4 people (plus food)
£600 Luton to Poprad return 6-13 April. Inc 2 board bags and suitcase.
£50 Luton car parking
£125 Car rental Poprad airport
£350 Apartment in Liptovski (30min from Poprad airport - free ski bus/drive to resort)
£400 Lift passes for 6 days - 2 adults 2 children under 16. (Note: discounted pre-purchase via internet)

Most accom is off the mountain. There are free ski buses in the morning that travel from Liptovski along the main route to Jasna.

Oh and Jasna is not super high. Global warming could mean Pow, slush or nothing!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy