Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski match for touring and piste with Shift binding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sharkymark, They are white and orange... Wink XTD 120's
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndAnotherThing.., I kinda hate you right now
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any and all of these.......https://www.solesportslabs.com/fly-free-payments
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CH2O wrote:
Any and all of these.......https://www.solesportslabs.com/fly-free-payments

Great offering but who the hell wants to ski in Chamonix Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, for those that don't watch this space. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Sharkymark, Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

And having had a chat with Per our guide today over ski choice I'm going with the Black Crows

That's what I would have done. You are bound to be knackered, with the light fading in some forest at some point and you'll be glad that your skis turn round the trees powered by thought alone!

On the OP's question I'm a bit late to the thread but I think with a brief like this you are best optimising for lift-served / side country skiing and be prepared to hire a pair of true lightweights when someone suggests you do some full on touring. That suggests something ~100mm ish and a little beefier. I have R108CL and beast 14s for these duties. I'll be hiring something like superguide 85s and lighter dynafiddles when I next go hut to hut. I'd probably suck it up on the 108s for a single day tour of ~1000m vertical.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have settled on Zero G Tour Pro boots, so all together my setup will be quite light. I may add zipfit downhill liners to boost the ZGTP inbounds performance.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy