Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beware of Scam Ski Shop Site!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SCAM WEBSITE WARNING!! I just got scammed by a VERY professional looking ski shop website. Sad It looks like it's a US site but is in fact Chinese and the money goes through Singapore. If you're looking for new equipment PLEASE ensure the seller is a bona fide dealer. The seller took my money, didn't deliver anything and then just blocked any contact from me. The site is www.coolskishop.com. Luckily I used a VISA card and my money has been refunded by the bank! Take care y'all!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimonkey1958, there has sadly been a plethora of these sites recently - all from the same source by the looks. Use this site to check https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/coolskishop.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank-you

There should probably be a pin on this but some red flags for future reference

1. Yes the website does look reasonably professional but has the look of a "pop-up" website never the less. The branding is not that strong.

2. No contact / tax information whatsover would be a BIG warning to me. Just to compare with say ekosport.fr where they give their address, registration and tax information:

société par action simplifiée à associé unique (SASU) immatriculée au registre du commerce et des sociétés de CHAMBERY sous le numéro RCS 495314619 depuis le 10.04.2007 au capital de 12 500,00 euros
ayant notamment pour activité le commerce de détail d’articles de sport
dont le siège social est situé 173 rue des Eglantiers 73230 – SAINT ALBAN LEYSSE FRANCE
dont l’adresse électronique est info@ekosport.fr
dont le numéro SIRET est le 49531461900059
dont le numéro individuel d’identification TVA intracommunautaire est le FR 93 495 314 619

or SnowInn

TRADEINN RETAIL SERVICES S.L.C/ Pirineus, 9 17460 Celrà, (Girona), SPAIN Tel.: +34 93 220 00 89 www.tradeinn.com Directeur de la publication: David Martin Gaya
Numéro du registre du commerce et des sociétés: Registre mercantil de Girona - tomo 1123 / folio 108 / hoja GI20086 - Inscripción 1ª
Numéro TVA intracommunautaire: ESB17527524

3. A whois reveals a site registered on the 31st October 2018 (!!!) and in China

https://www.whois.com/whois/coolskishop.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm sure there was a thread on this very site a few weeks back but it appears to have been removed (at last searches for the text "coolski" don't return it)

edit, it was coolskimall but I'd hazard a guess it's the same outfit
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks fake - see the capitalization on the menu items, for example, or the inconsistent branding when you look at "about us".

They will presumably be getting problems pretty soon from their payment service provider as all the CC payments will be getting reversed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This was the thread.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3296127&highlight=#3296127

Lots of adverts on Facebook at the time
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is far from professional looking. I'm baffled that people fall for this crap.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just bought a couple of TNF jackets online last week. Great delivery, and a lovely handwritten note in the box hoping I enjoyed my ski trip. From Escape2.co.uk
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its quite easy, if any website does not display an address or a phone number, then you dont buy from them.
can also do a whois on the domain to work who or where its registered to. There are lots of ways to do research.
Also if the website looks like a cookie cutter style with very little branding or styling its another red flag.
Terms like SHIPPING is another red flag for UK, since we do not use SHIPPING term, but DELIVERY or POST, etc.
Then there is the spelling mistakes & chinglish terms like PayMent
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry to hear you got duped, but glad you got your cash back from my your card provider.

Their FAQ page is an absolute hoot ! Pasted here for reading pleasure:-

FAQs
1. How can the prices are far below market price ?
The answer is that we are offering Procurement Service : to buy on someone's behalf. We have aguarantee of quality , and for 10 days (from the date products were received ) , if you find the products with quality problems (Non- human factors or non- resistant external damage ) , it can be returned and exchanged.
2. What are the return, exchange and refund policies ?
If you are not satisfied with the item, please take a picture of the items first, then send us an email to confirm for 10 days, you can return the item to us and we will make an exchange after its passing an official inspection.Of course we will not accept returns and / or exchanges if there is enough evidence on the shoes have been worn outdoors. Refunds are issued in the same form as the original payment is made and may take up to 7 working days of receipt of goods. Moreover, if there is something wrong with the quality and size of our products sent to you,then you will be responsible for shipping fees for return and the system will also deduct 30% of the payment.
3. About cancel the order and refund.
If you wish to cancel your order and refund,we need to deduct 10 % of the payments in the amount,because it is the credit card companies' handling charges from us.
4. What do you need to get your item?
You must show your ID card to the postman when they send your item to your house.The express company will call you if your address has changed .
5. Are the pictures true or false?
All images are completely taken by ourselves , the color phenomenon occurred only in a few pictures,see them clearly before take the item in your cart .
6. How long does it take for delivery?
Generally,you can get the item in 7-14 days after you paid for your orders , which are free shipping to all countries in the world.
7. How to track your item?
We will send you your tracking number in 24-36 hours after we received your payment.
8. How to register and pay for your goods?
(1) fill in some required information such as:name,address,city,zip code,telephone, and the state,etc.After you finish the filling,click the ""submit "" button to fulfill the registration.
(2) Click the ""Continue"" button and you will go back home . Select the products you like and press the ""Add to cart "" button to go to the buying information page .
(3) Press the "" go to checkout "" bar and edit shipping address and choice of transport mode (Free Shipping)
(4) Enter the coupon code and select payment method.
(5) Click ""Continue Checkout"" to confirm the order.The Web page will link to the "" credit card company and the payment "" page .
9. Is it safe to pay by credit card ?
Payment adhere to the same principles with paypal.We are equal to a credit card customer,your money will flow into our account and we have no right to know anything about your card information,so if there are any problems about the payment,you should contact your credit card company to learn what has happened.10th The reasons for unsuccessfull payment Guests paid for it but declined (pay is rejected ),it may be the reason as follows:1 The payment information you filled out was not correct2 The issuing bank does not support online shopping3 The credit card balance is too less11 Why charge of postal receipt is different from the price of our product?As the credit card organization and card issuing bank will surcharge Cross-border fees and license fees,besides,other changes in exchange rates also affected the amount of charge.Please understand was the extra amount is not charged by us,it was charged by credit card organization and card issuing bank.So you can go to your card issuing banks to consult it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers amigos! I bought some Rossignol skis from ekosport.co.uk...all looks good so far!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimonkey1958 wrote:
Cheers amigos! I bought some Rossignol skis from ekosport.co.uk...all looks good so far!!

Ekosport are perfectly OK; many people here have bought from them. Big continental based supplier with a UK domain name
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy