Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2018/1019

Poster: A snowHead
It begins

snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mother Nature is such a tease!

Cheers, I was going to start a thread then I encountered some pre-season technical faults...which were more in need of attention.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10cm or more on the ground this morning

latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going in January. shame about the lift on the grand monets side though😫
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dave_3, It's only the top benne. Skin up. Good for you.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
my skis only ever point down the slope mate!!!!! 😀
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

my skis only ever point down the slope mate!!!!!

Skin up backwards!
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jma wrote:
Quote:

my skis only ever point down the slope mate!!!!!

Skin up backwards!

😂
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dave_3, don't worry about the GM. In January it is often the case that the skiing everywhere else in the valley and beyond (Megeve, Combloux, etc) is as good or better than the GM.

Just checked my diary for last winter. Of 20 days skiing in January, I only skied GM twice, and that was only because our instruction from Alison Culshaw was there. In fact my first day at the top of GM wasn't until 16th February. I don't recall feeling that I was missing out on much.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HammondR wrote:
@dave_3, don't worry about the GM. In January it is often the case that the skiing everywhere else in the valley and beyond (Megeve, Combloux, etc) is as good or better than the GM.

Just checked my diary for last winter. Of 20 days skiing in January, I only skied GM twice, and that was only because our instruction from Alison Culshaw was there. In fact my first day at the top of GM wasn't until 16th February. I don't recall feeling that I was missing out on much.

that's good to know. thanks . hoping for good January snow
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going to Argentiere in December - snow was amazing last year (had to dig the car out after two nights) hoping for more of the same. Any locals predicting good things in the Chamonix Valley??
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HammondR, ask in another 4 weeks
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forecast is (currently) quite bad for the Alps for the next month.

Argentiere and Chamonix are low.

More likely to be brown or green than white.
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only just seen the Lognan and Grand Montets closure news, absolutely gutted! We've got a trip booked for 12-19 January, does anybody think we should look to relocate from Argentiere?
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Only if you planned to use the top bin on GM a lot, otherwise it's no difference really and there is still the new Tabe lift and beginners area. We're still going at half term and not expecting any difference.
snow report     
@skiing_snerrick, what news? I haven't heard anything? If you refer to the Lognan fire, wellit's very sad but it was a crap restaurant. Ony really affects the top benne. Capacity of lower cable was 700/hour, capacity of new(ish) bubble is 3,500 an hour so it's not at all the end of the world.

I have an apartment near the Brevent if you want an option...
snow conditions     
Anyone heard anything substantive about what this "marked skinning track" might consist of? Seeing as I generally quite enjoy the climbing it might improve my runs down the glacier side to have minimal people on them!

On the snow front, there's a lot of time for some weather between now and dec, and if there's no snow whatsoever on the GM everywhere in the french alps will likely be looking a tad thin...
snow report     
Looking forward to new year, it'll be my first time in Chamonix. Hopefully it'll be looking a lot whiter by then!
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy