Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LIVE TR: Les Coches 22nd to 29th December 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This will be our 19th family trip after:

March 2009 - Les Menuire (3V)
December 2009 - Aime La Plagne (Paradiski) - snowmaggedon on the outward journey
April 2010 - Oz-en-Oisan (ADH)
December 2010 - Oz-en-Oisan (ADH)
April 2011 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
December 2011 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
April 2012 - La Norma
December 2012 - Les Contamines
April 2013 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
December 2013 - Oz-en-Oisan (ADH)
April 2014 - MISSED - OMG!!
December 2014 - Tignes Le Lac - snowmaggedon on the return journey
April 2015 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
December 2015 - Montchavin (Paradiski)
April 2016 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
December 2016 - Les Coches (Paradiski)
April 2017 - Oz-en-Oisan (ADH)
December 2017 - La Tania (3V)
March 2018 - Les Coches (Paradiski)

Getting this Live TR started early this year. No reason.

Will be our normal routine: DIY, driving, France, S/C apartment with crew of me, missus, son and daughter.

It will be our 9th trip as a family to Paradiski and my 12th if I remember correctly. Clearly this place has got a hold of us. And in particular now Les Coches is our go to place to say.

The apartment (in Residence Les Pentes) plus 6.5 day lift pass was 1273 Euros. Which is actually 21 Euros cheaper than it was in March (Easter). The "free" half day has reverted to being the Saturday afternoon prior to starting rather than the Saturday afternoon after, which was the case in March. This is much better because we tend to arrive in resort mid-morning and ski a full day the second Saturday. Again will use samediski for that - 35 Euros each. Immo for this one is Glaciers in Montchavin, who we've found to be more pleasant than Ski & Soleil in the past. Not that you know that when you book through the La Plagne official website.

Tunnel was booked using Tesco vouchers. Outward journey on Friday evening at 21.50 was £89 and the return on Sunday at 06.25 was £71. At least it's easier to booking times than with Frequent Traveller.

Car (a diesel) has gone well through the 100k mark but I think we are going to keep her running for as long as possible. Much as we'd love to stop shafting the environment, financially and hassle wise there is little incentive, nor clarity on what to buy.

Our annual MPI insurance policy is still active so nothing to do there.

Kit wise, main activity has been on my son's kit. He's been growing! Now 13, I have had to source new boots and ski's. Got some good quality boots for £40 on Facebook Marketplace. I'm actually finding this quite a good place to buy and sell stuff. I've sold my two sets of junior skis on there whilst having no luck on here or on gumtree. And avoids the crippling fees on ebay. Ski's a bigger issue. #1 it's hard to find decent second hand ski's as there is so much tat around and anything half decent is overpriced and #2 as he's growing and may go up another boot size before he needs another set of skis and they may get passed on to his sister and for ease of resell I wanted some with rail/demo bindings - which are uncommon. However, glisshop saves the day and I managed to pick up some 2017 Dynastar Glory ski's with Xpress bindings for £220 incl postage. These look decent enough all mountain skis.

I am off for a boot fitting/buying on Monday at CEM's place. It's gonna hurt financially but my Atomics are 20 weeks old and beginning to fall apart a bit and you gotta think of it as a long term investment right.

My daughter will be on the Vamps I got last year and that will be that otherwise.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking forward to reading this.
I may even start my own mega live ‘Aussies do Europe’ trip report. Very Happy
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I may even start my own mega live ‘Aussies do Europe’ trip report

Yes, do. It's interesting to see how these things develop - half the fun is in the planning and anticipation, after all.....
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sbooker wrote:

In tribute to the late Mark E Smith one assumes

https://g.co/kgs/wqkP7i
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
sbooker wrote:

In tribute to the late Mark E Smith one assumes

https://g.co/kgs/wqkP7i

I’m was not familiar with Mark E Smith.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I may even start my own mega live ‘Aussies do Europe’ trip report

Yes, do. It's interesting to see how these things develop - half the fun is in the planning and anticipation, after all.....

I’ll leave it until a couple of weeks out. It should then be able to cover some ‘no snow anxiety’ and the difficulty that is packing for a combined ski/tourist holiday for a family of four to somewhere about 15000 kms away.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So boot fitting done today at Solutions 4 Feet. Feel really good by the end and looking forward to using them in earnest on the slopes in a little under 8 weeks time.

We believe that is all the kit requirements for the four of us sorted.

Signed documents emailed back to the agency and so accommodation all confirmed.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was a big fan of Les Coches when I stayed there but I found myself spending most days going over to Les Arcs to ski Laughing
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
We believe that is all the kit requirements for the four of us sorted.

Spoke too soon. Got a call back end of last week from glisshop...

Because the Dynastar Glory skis are womens the bindings do not have a big enough range for my sons new boots which are 335mm. Order cancelled and back to intensive browsing - mens only!
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Layne, have you had a chat with Spyderjon as to whether he has anything suitable in the ex-demo stuff?
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, yeah I've looked but I'm really bargain hunting and they are still a bit pricey for us. Will get there eventually. Wondering about waiting until Black Friday!
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So glisshop had extended their 10% off offer until end of yesterday. No doubt there will be another offer along soon but as the weeks tick by stock will reduce and I just wanted to get this deal over the line.

So purchased Dynastar - Legend Pro Xpress skis (size 170) paired with Look - Xpress 11 B93 bindings. After discount and including postage it was £306.97. Missus was still baulking at paying £300 for a 13yo to ski on. But the with the rail binding they will have good resale value. We go a free basic ski bag with them - which we may well sell as we don't need one. But it only retails at £17 anyhow.

These skis are going to be a real challenge for laddo. He's 168cm tall at the minute and coming off kids skis. But the assets of the skis are described as Manoeuvrability, Easy-to-steer, Grip - so hopefully he'll got on with them pretty quickly.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy