Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo holidays for 20+ year olds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI all, my son is 24 and a keen skier but has nobody to ski with this year - does anyone know of any groups that might suit him? I've skied with SingleSport a few times and always had a really great time but it's generally aimed at slightly older people so probably wouldn't suit him, however the same type of set up (shared chalet, group skiing with similar abilities) would be perfect. Any advice welcomed! Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
UCPA centres in France, marketed in the UK through Action Outdoors
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out: https://www.theskigathering.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
He could have a look at Billy Snow Mates on Facebook, HOFNAR in France or ColdFusion. The latter are commercial and BSM are a mix of boarders and skiers who meet up at organised events in the UK and abroad.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The EoSB - there's always a bunch of 20-somethings amongst us.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He's that much older now, @admin....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oops Embarassed

well, only a year older - so still 20's Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

UCPA centres in France, marketed in the UK through Action Outdoors

UCPA is a great shout, but the clientele does seem to be ageing a bit. Certainly Argentiere has been way more 30s and 40s than people in their twenties the last two years I've been. The upper 'allowed' age has increased from 40 to 55 in the time I've been going! If he does fancy UCPA I would suggest going for one of the more party vibe centre like Val D which hopefully attracts a younger crowd. There are also a significant percentage of Chinese customers now which changes the social vibe a little as well.

I've had some (younger) friends go on HOFNAR trips and they really enjoyed them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there, I am a 23 year-old female boarder in a similar position this year. There is a Facebook group called solo skier UK with lots of people sharing information. Billy bash also has a Facebook group, that is taking place mid-March and looks brilliant and reasonably priced.

Alternatively, I have a couple of options but have found another guy in his 20s on the solo skier Facebook group looking, so I'd consider pulling a small group of us together and booking a self-catered apartment/chalet via sunweb somewhere, which is always reasonably priced and throws in a ski pass. Contact me personally if that's something he's be interested in
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello there,
I'm a 26 yrd old keen skier in a similar-ish position, I'm currently eyeing for a short trip around the Easter weekend (and eyeing possibly UCPA Argentiere, hence found this thread).

@bumble66,
My only past experiences skiing abroad (I'm UK-based) has been with UCPA. I've been 3 times w my group of friends, once solo. If you book a package w classes, he could meet like-minded and similar-level skiers to hit the slopes outside of class times.

@EKib, I've just proudly advertised myself on that Solo Skier UK Facebook group. Happy to be involved if the dates suit! Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have a look at Hofnar in morzine
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy