Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc Aprés

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of us (blokes in 40s) are thinking of going for a weekend to Champoluc in early February. Obviously want some good skiing, will probably do a half day off piste but was wondering what the Aprés ski is like. We don’t need anything wild but would still prefer the choice of at least a few bars where you can have a good time. Some of the reviews I’ve read suggest that there’s no nightlife what so ever.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ummm, no... there are a few bars.

Lo Bistrot immediately apres ski, Golosone after dinner, a few others. I mean, it’s not Val d’Isere... but still.

Not quite sure what you mean by we’ll do half a day off piste?

How can you know?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, if the conditions are right then hopefully we’ll do a half day off piste. Thanks for the reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Small resorts will always struggle. So the apres is more wjatyou make of it rather than relying on other people!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg, as long as there’s a few bars we’ll be happy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not Val d'Isere? It's got less apres ski than your typical small French family resort does in summer Cool

The bistro is fine for a quick one while waiting for someone, but crowded and not much in the way of typical atmosphere, don't think they even play music. The only proper bar, with any kind of raucous behavior is il Golosone. Go there every night, try the full shots menu and end up arm wrestling a heavily tattooed Swedish chic. Worked for us, sorry can't find photo.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also the Sans Souci / which does good burgers. Folks hang out at the Atelier opposite the Bistrot but we had a dreadful lunch there a few years back and vowed never to return. Also the Du Relais which I confess I don't think I've even had a beer in.

There is also a "proper" apres ski bar whose name I forget and it isn't on g-maps just to the right of the Pistone (Del Bosco) just after the last steep pitch. We dropped in last March but the music was too loud inside and Mrs U was too cold outside (Raynaud's).

Oh and out of town you have pool and assorted games and music at the California, no idea what these days at the Grange (base of Frachey) and new for this year the Camp Zero hotel complex.

What I was asking re "half a day hp" was that it seems to be like an odd thing to say. As in the "Half a day" bit. Be aware that if you are going off piste off Punta Indren, avvy kit is mandatory. Not sure just how well controlled, but mandatory. Tako Sports rent it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, ah yes, the California, been there too....luckily there were no queues for the pool table, the darts, the bar. Tumbleweed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@polo, I hate queuing for the bar.

You can't have everything, right? "Undiscovered gem", empty pistes, etc. somewhat suggest that it's not going to be the busiest place in the world, non? Never been a problem for us.

Oh, and Pachamama, forgot that, haven't been in years, average age barely in teens. And Herman at the Castor used to do an open mike night on a ? Tuesday? Often rather good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a bit further down the hill but Hotel Castor has a reasonably sized and comfortable bar, with some music on during the last half term I was there.

http://www.hotelcastor.eu/en/bar
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, snap
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never been to the nightclub, as the one or two sensible members of our group steer us home at the right time, reminding us we are several decades too old.

I end up there on a lads weekend almost every year, as my mate is married to a wealthy Italian with property in town. The snow, terrain, chilled vibe and great food are good enough reasons to go, but Apres isn’t. Still love the Golo.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@polo, your mate doesn't own a bar in South London does he?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nope, he’s in IT, her family are lawyers I believe. He only goes once or twice a year but literally knows the whole town, such a friendly place
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@polo, haha that would have been funny.

My OH’s father was born there so pretty much everyone in town is a cousin, usually by more than one connection Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy