Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First turns / ski tour of the 2018 / 2019 season avec les chiens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Totally illogical as to why we did it having not returned home till 02:00 in the morning after a crazy night, certainly not acting our ages Laughing

Then it was the hangover from hell which saw me going back to bed and then not getting up till 13:15.

And with that the OH said, thinking I'd probably say no, shall we do the tour I suggested a couple of days ago when we ran up the mountain to the snow line at around 1,850m.

So somehow got the kit together with a minimal faff and we drove up the trail and parked up at 1,950 where we put the skis on and delicately skinned up to where there was a decent covering at around 2,100. Then it was up to the Cucumelle, well the Col not the actual summit at 2,500m and did some filming but light was going fast so we didn't hang around.

Snow was heavy though luckily did not have a crust, and did get us working.

Ski down was surprisingly good at times, though light was really flat, and at around 16:00 was almost getting dark.

One slight blister which is what I wanted as off in a couple of weeks to Siberia for a week of touring so rather get one now and deal with it.

http://youtube.com/v/O216Xo_XOAo
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy