Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Rental in Folgarida

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefuly I can tap into some local knowledge...

The last two trips we've taken, the ski rental has been part of a package and I've been distinctly underwhelmed by the attitude of the ski hire aspect. In Saalbach, we got an excellent deal on lessons + skis, but when I asked for an advanced piste ski, I got handed a pair of Fischer Pro Mountain 86s @170. I'm 190 and not exactly skinny. After a fair bit of wrangling I got something more suitable but with fairly bad grace. In Champoluc with Ski2, the only part of the holiday that wasn't excellent was the ski hire again. When I asked for piste skis (Volkl Code UVOs), I was told they were "all out right now" despite racks of them visible in the back. Now it may be that these weren't available for some other reason but that is not what was said. And again we were given short all mountain skis. This time I took them, but longer, because I'd heard good things about RTM81s and wanted to try them; I had to swap my sons skis and boots for something more suitable to his size and ability though. And on the last day our Ski2 instructor pointed out that our skis weren't particularly suited to what we were trying to do, cue exasperated shrug.

So moving on to next Feb, I've got to firm up details with Brenta Ski for a holiday in Folgarida, skis are optionally included in the package. I think they use Taller by the Folgarida lift as that's 100yds from our hotel but I can't work out why I think that now.

The question is: can you get a good fun premium rental piste ski from Taller/Brenta Ski? And if not, is there a convenient alternative?

That's two questions. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @Penry....on the whole, I'd be inclined to seek reassurances from Brenta Ski - they're reputable, IMO.

There are 2 ski-hire shops by the lift station/gondola (or there certainly were) and, when I stayed at Folgarida, I had no problem securing premium rental skis. On both occasions I stayed there.

Good luck Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks @Cacciatore, I'm struggling to find the time to get in contact with them so I thought I'd find out what the options were.

It's been a pretty unpopular topic, maybe i should have tried to work an unlikely story about Brexit into the title...

Brexit will make it impossible to rent skis in Folgarida next February!

Oh well, live and learn.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy