Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach budget(er) options?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. We have a friend working out in Saalbach next season and a group of us (somewhere between 4 and 8 by the sounds of things currently) are hoping to head out there to see him for a week. Looking at self catered options, we're not coming up with a lot that isn't pretty expensive so I wondered if anyone knew any relatively cheap operators that go there. Normally do DIY trips so not really too clued up when it comes to packages but just trying to find what the cheaper end of package is to see whether self catered is really saving much. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surely one for tatmanstours...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal have b&b for £750 or half board for £925 - flights, transfers, accommodation. You have to add on lift pass (but they do a buy 1 get one free offer) and ski carriage or hire.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A quick look at the Saalbach site suggest an apartment for 4 for a week mid January would be around €1000 - €1200, so €250 to €300 each. By the time you add in flights and transfer at around say €250 per person. Suggest excluding food and skiing stuff a budget of around € 500 per person is doable. You might even be able to find a bit cheaper.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tatmantours has an apartment details at https://chaletatman.vpweb.co.uk/, good location right in town, we like http://www.pensionalpensport.com/home/ looked about 15 walk from the town centre but very convenient for the bus up and down the valley

Transfers, https://www.holiday-shuttle.at/en/saalbach-hinterglemm/shuttle-service , as well as the regular service they also do a private transfer, might be better value if there is 4 or more of you.

Ski Miguel have chalet a 10 minute walk from town.

With self catering how many evening meals are you going to cook? Can have a big impact on your cost.

Is you friend in Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Viehofen, Vorderglemm which would gve you different accommodation option.

The tourist board is also worth a try

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 1-10-18 13:27; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try here it wasn't too expensive,

https://www.saalbach-hinterglemm.net/en/our-house/the-siegmundshof.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you @NickYoung, and @radar, for recommending me Blush

@el nombre, Much depends on what dates you have in mind. Send me a message if I can be of help. A good, ski-in ski-out, self-catering apartment in a central location, with a combination of pub grub in Bobby's Pub, pizzerias, and the occasional splash-out in the village restaurants would probably cost you about £400 each (without any need to cook any meals - but obviously that would save a bit more).

If you would like a copy of my comprehensive guide to Saalbach, its skiing, its apres-ski, its bars. its restaurants, travel options, etc. send me your email address.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info guys. If we were self catering we normally only eat out 2 or 3 nights but it depends on budget mainly. Our friend is in Saalbach itself so we were looking for anything connected via skiing really which I believe is just Hinterglemm and Leogang. I will send you a message with details @tatmanstours
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@el nombre, if its Saalbach then Tatmantours is in central location, any of my suggestion would work as well as the one from @northantsred, the Sigmundshof is between the Alpensport and Ski Miguel chalet.

If your friend is in Saalbach you want to be based there, the ski bus between Saalbach and Hinterglemm finishes around 5pm, though there are plenty of cabs. I would forget Leogan as to get there after the last lift is Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We’ve stayed in a very budget (but perfectly reasonable) hotel in Hinterglemm called the Reisinger. We travelled with Neilson. Not sure if they’re offering it this season though.

The evening meal is interesting/entertaining but perfectly edible. We paid so little that we didn’t mind eating out if we didn’t fancy the evening meal choices some evenings.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy