Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski sizes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re trying to decide if our kids need new skis or not for this season. We have their skis from last year but my son went from hardly skiing last year to doing easy red slopes. So we have my son’s old skis which come just above his armpit. And our daughter’s skis from last year that go to our son’s nose. These skis come between our daughter’s armpits and shoulders. She now skis reds and easy blacks. Should we move our son onto the bigger skis and get our daughter new ones?
I have pictures but can’t get them upload onto Flickr for some reason...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Daughter and last seasons skis

Son and last seasons skis

Son and daughter’s skis from last season

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm no expert, but kids on average grow about 5cm a year. So I'd put your son in your daughter's old skis, and go up about 15cm for your daughter to last 2 seasons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MouseInLux, I'd look for around chin height as a starting point, and adjust from there based on competence and likely growth. Beginner kids will often be on skis between chest and shoulder height, and that's fine. So, based on your descriptions, I'd say that your daughter probably should be on the next size up; your son might be ok on his current skis (and his sister's are on the long side for him at the moment).
In your position, and bearing in mind kids have the annoying habit of shooting up just after new skis arrive, I'd buy one longer pair for your daughter, and see how your son grows between now and skiing - you'll have the choice of 2 for him and might even swap mid season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top, eBay the small ones & everybody moves up a set. . Just make sure your daughter new ones are not to girly as they will soon be your sons next set
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny996 wrote:
Top, eBay the small ones & everybody moves up a set. . Just make sure your daughter new ones are not to girly as they will soon be your sons next set
that’s the plan, but she loved the skit from last season and isn’t into pink:)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy