Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking a trip to Kitz. I have never been there before. What is it like for families?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at kirchberg around the corner. A few family /sport hotels as well as night skiing tobbogsn, etc
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rumdiary, the village or the ski area?
The village is quaint. Plenty of eating places, plenty of shopping places. Not cheap. Kirchberg, just along the valley is cheaper. The ski area is enormous, especially now it is connected via the spectacular gondola to pass-thurn, and has something for all levels except perhaps those who like squeezing themselves down vertical couloirs. A ton of really nice cruiser off piste, tons of cruiser blues and reds. I love the valley run down to Fleck in the evening light...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am just thinking of the town itself really for a potential non-skier in the group. Is there enough there to keep them entertained or should we head to somewhere like StAnton?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which are the nice hotels with good facilities in Kirchberg?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rumdiary, Kitzbühel is likely to be much better for a non skier than St Anton. It is a small town rather than just a village focused on skiing. There are also direct trains to Salzburg and an easy train connection to Innsbruck (change in Wörgl) so easy to do day excursions. I would say it is one of the better places for non skiers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Non-skiers would be better of in Kitz than Kirchberg. More of everything, places to eat, drink, shop, swim, gamble, watch ice hockey. Second week of January 2007 when there was little snow we didn't ski the first day, Sunday, and found very little to do in Kirchberg.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The tourist office offer walking and snow showing day trips and there is also cross country skiing.
Public transport is good so can get to Zell am See, Salzburg, Mittersill for National park Museum and much more.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We went in 2017 with a non-skier, who seemed to find enough to do. She walked, shopped, swam, went to Salzburg. I wouldn't say it was very convenient for skiing with a family, though, unless you are staying near the lifts or a bus stop.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plenty to do for a non skier, its a lovely historic town. Cafes, bars, swimming, walks, etc, a short(ish) walk to the lake.

A great ski area with plenty of varied terrain, well signed and efficient lift system. Ski lockers to rent at the Hahnenkahm lift station if you dont want to carry skis every day. Most hotels are within a reasonable walking distance of the gondola station, or a bus stop. A personal recommendation for a hotel is the Edelweiss.

Ive booked Kitzbuhel for the ninth time next March.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
we went there with our kids a few years ago with Crystal., stayed at the hotel under the main lift so it was ski to door. kids were about 10 and 13.. they enjoyed it but we had a few days were visibilty was very poor and we were unable to ski.. it does suffer sometimes from being so low, i would go back but early in the year next time, evenings were great, plenty to do...village is superb.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kitz is a posh town, with some hills stuck on the side.

Plenty for nonskiers and apres-skiers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Likely to be snow enough to ski over Christmas?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rumdiary, Good question with no easy answer. Personally I would say it is not looking good for early season conditions but that can all change very quickly. Kitzbühel, like most other resorts, does have a big snow making setup but the temperature needs to be low enough for it to work effectively. I suspect the run up to Christmas is going to be mild and dry but perhaps I am just being a prophet of doom. I am still hoping to get some pre Christmas skiing but have a nagging worry that I might have to dust off the bike again Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
histroical snow shows there is snow in December , have a look on their website for opening times, it is a low resort but still gets decent snow...plus low cloud !!!!
snow report
Spent two weeks there in Jan 2018....stayed over on the Kirchberg side as you get a lot more for your money and you ski the same snow....its also a lot better for the link to the ki-west gondola for access to Westendorf / ski welt on the all start card.

Its an awesome ski area but the town of kitz itself can sometimes feel a bit like Monaco and if you not in with the rich crowd then a bit much.......much more pleasant in Kirchberg
ski holidays
Quote:

the town of kitz itself can sometimes feel a bit like Monaco

my sister swears there were women in Gucci moonboots - but then she is prone to exaggeration!!
ski holidays
They might have been Chanel..... wink
latest report
Kitz is great!
You may have a few sparks come off your edges in early season.

I cant think of any resort that I I am so fond of.

OK I haven't been for 20 years. But I bet its just the same.
From great mountain restaurants during the day till the Bosna Van at about 4am.

It was always "shiky-micky" but why not?
latest report
@DrLawn, what is, or even was, shiky-micky?

Returning to Kitz in Feb, my favourite resort in Europe.
snow conditions
Once the temp is under 4 deg they have snow making canons on all the popular pistes.
latest report
@Snowsartre, "Schickimichi" is a colloquial German word that roughly translates as poncy, posy, someone who shows off in the latest fashions etc. It is often used about celebrity culture in Munich. As such the folk seen wandering around Kitzbühel in Gucci moonboots might be described as Schickimichi. There is a well known apres ski / Oktoberfest song Schickeria and one of the FC Bayern supporters groups is called Schickeria (a certain amount of irony there as most Germans think the southern Bavarians are rich beer addled peasants Smile, and that FC Bayern have far too much money )
snow report
@DrLawn,
Quote:
But I bet its just the same. 
It's got bigger and better connected, but it's kept it's charm. I keep on going back despite having St.Anton , Saalbach, Serfaus etc etc just down the road
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy