Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BB Off Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just posting this here in the hopes of an answer. BB thread seems to have gone a bit off piste itself so here's the cut and paste from the question I posted there ..
Were it to happen, what is the crack/cost of off piste at a BB? I'm hoping that there will be good rates but who knows?
I'd need to hire the avi gear and I assume the guides aren't free.
My skis are ok for the job (90mm line prophets) though I could be tempted to try some proper fatties!

I'm only just exporing off piste: I've always gone between pistes or found tracks in the trees and I've done one guided morning in Argentiere. I like skiing Glencoe too which has lots of great nooks and crannys. So I'm reasonably competent if quite inexperienced in proper all day stuff.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are fourteen currently booked up for off piste so I expect something will happen. Especially as Admin is on of those signed up. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. I'm one of those that've signed up for it but I just got to wondering what the cost will be for hiring the appropriate gear. For instance what's it cost on previous do's?
Is it proper full on stuff or lift fed and just taking alternative routes. Slack country style.
I imagine that the guide/s work out pretty cheap with the group being a decent size.
Just the general crack really... snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't know about on the BB but at the 2 OP + eosb bashes an extra guided day is about £80ish in previous years. Numbers help price but group size is limited (6?) so only so far. Dont know about kit hire costs but at EosB people have borrowed from other snowHead s who weren't using theirs on that day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@adithorp,
Thanks for the info. Crikey, I've signed up for two days. I'd better start squirrelling away the ski tokens then.
I'm still saving for the ski pass Sad
Fingers crossed some lovely charitable snowHead 's will help me to scrape together some kit!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Usually the guide can lend you an avalanche beacon, though it sometimes helps to ask in advance.
Yes, £80 sounds about right. Normally they don't like groups of more than 6 (on very steep slopes even fewer), though it can sometimes be one or two more.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HotDogger, Don't do like some daft lads I was once talking to on a 4 person chair in Tignes a few years ago......"we share the cost of the av gear so its cheaper".....I carry the tranceiver, he carries the probe and my other mate there has the shovel.....oh and we dont bother with airbags because we only ever ski offpiste above the pistes because if there ever was a slide then someone would see us..... rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowball, yeah the one time I did a morning, the guide provided the kit. I hadn't thought it through but it makes obvious sense that they'd only want small groups.
@Markymark29, That's tragically funny. Darwin award in the making! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy