Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski in late October early November w44 w45

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Long time no chat
I might have to take hols in those weeks probably a week and I wonder where to go please?
Also maybe there is someone already planing similar dates if so please contact me
I m only interested in Europe polacos don't get visa easily.
Appreciated
Jakub
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@polacoloco, Hintertux (maybe).....or Solden (maybe) - not much snow to speak of as yet I dont think hence the maybe's.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers what about Val thoren or Chamonix
Those FIS guys must be practicing somewhere in Europe too hehe
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ve just found solden has the FIS in gs on 27th Oct
That would be nice to catch
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It has been a boiling European Summer and the glaciers have been smashed.

Choose carefully.

1. Zermatt;
2. Hintertux;
3. Saas Fee;
4. Soelden.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
True
Thanks for the replies
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm interested in this too. As well as those listed, Tignes glacier should be opening for the season in three days time (on the 17th I heard). But I'm not very keen on Glaciers generally, so wondered is there anywhere non glacier ie with "proper" ski areas as such, open in the second half of October or early November? Probably not I know, long shot - but I just thought I'd ask since the topic had come up anyway. Just in case anyone knew anywhere obscure but reasonable..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nick M, Finland ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ruka has a couple of non-glaciated pistes open already, on snow which was stored over the summer and recently pisted to create two runs. They might be able to open more terrain between now and the end of the month, but that's entirely weather dictated and I'd guess will be less available terrain than the glaciers of Tignes, Hintertux, Zermatt or Saas Fee will have. I don't think there are any direct flights to the local airport, so it's a bit of a pig to get to.

I don't think there is anything non-glaciated which is scheduled to open by the first week of November. Perhaps there's a reason everyone who wants to ski at that time of year heads to a glacier...?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kitzbuhel in Austria has a couple runs open today, in October, on refarmed snow.

Obergurgl (Austria) and Val Thorens (France) sometimes open in mid-November during (rare) good years.

Ruka in Finland, Galdhopiggen and Folgefonn in Norway will be open in October and November.

Timberline in Oregon, Wolf Creek, A-Basin and Loveland in Colorado will be open in October and November.

But you're still better-off at a glacier station, like Zermatt or Hintertux.

The higher, the better for early season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any idea re: Kaprun in november?
I would love an early start before this year's PSB and I am contemplating Singlesport's offer https://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/austria
50 years old intermediate male, confident on all reds and enjoying cruising from 9 till 16. And then the perfect combination of a cold Lager and a hot Carbonara/Tartiflette
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Thorens used to open the Peclet and Thorens glaciers from Oct half-term in the good ol'days. Here's this year and recent years:

Season Opening Closing

18/19 11/17/2018 (estimated) 05/05/2019 (estimated)
17/18 11/18/2017 05/08/2018
16/17 11/26/2016 05/01/2017
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Situation of all 8 of Austria's glaciers with runs open and available skiing km are here https://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/gletscher/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi just an update - thanks for the responses and links - i have just booked a flight to Val Thorens for this Saturday 8th - maybe not as early as i have hoped but still pre Xmas Happy
I dont have accommodation yet - as i m traveling solo - the team i m joining is already sorted and even though they offered a 6th spot in the 6 people apt we all know that means a sofa in the living room hehehe
I m thinking of calling Oxelys and bragging i was there twice with snowheads haha maybe they ll give me a discount lol
Anyways if anybody is there at the same time and wants to catch up please message me.
all the best
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oops i have just noticed i missed the PSB which is NOW....! have fun
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy