Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI2 course possibility at PSB?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's looking like the PSB is going to have a 2nd week tacked onto it this year.
This presents the possibility of running a BASI2 qualification over the course of the 2 weeks.
This could be useful for a number of reasons, not least that someone wishing to get their qualification wouldn't need to choose between doing the course and going away with the friend[s]/partner[s] they would normally prefer to holiday with, as there will be a whole bash of opportunities to keep their entourage amused for one, or even both, of the weeks.

It's early days yet - basically, having spoken to BASI in the past about such things, I wouldn't expect it to be a problem winning their support to put the course on, so long as we have a minimum of about 6 candidates and I reckon I know a couple of strong possibles already.

Unlike the L2 performance course we did previously, this would be the qualification course so would only be suitable for those with the prerequisite qualifications eg. BASI L1
That's not to say we couldn't also put on an L2 performance course if there was enough interest for that too.

Any interest?
Suggestions?
Requests?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-05-18 10:45; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I'm a strong possible snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@admin, If only this had come up a few months ago, I wouldn't have had to miss the EOSB Sad
If you didn't already know ICE are running a L2 in Val'Disere during those two weeks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you not think to suggest it Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@admin, Silly me.
Any chance of a Level 3 teach in VT in April then? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well if you think you'll be ready...

Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin - I might be interested. Thinking of doing my L1 over the summer and hopefully doing my shadowing at Ski Dubai! (I live in Dubai now!) I’d be more interested in the performance course...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowHeads GAP course coming soon...you heard it hear first Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok... Whats a GAP course?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DrLawn, ski instructor course aimed primarily at young people taking a 'gap year'. Consisting of BASI level 1 & 2 exams with training and shadowing between them. Also a way of getting the affluent parents of said young people to part with their hard earned.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Winter's approaching, so I thought it was time to bump this thread. The PSB is on for both weeks ( Madeye-Smiley ), and I'm about to sign up for the second week. I gather there was a BASI-type performance course last year, and I'm looking for likely participants to sign up for similar this year. If we get enough interested people committed, I suspect we can twist admin's arm Laughing

So here's the question. Are you interested in a BASI- type course on the PSB, week commencing 9 December?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If we've 4-6 people looking for performance training at L2 level, I'm sure we could put a course on again, yes.
Actually, if we had a similar number looking to do L1 level stuff, we could do that too.

But also... this.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy