Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Doing a season pretending to become an instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@skimottaret, they could go the whole porc and plump fer d'kermit exams https://www.nonstopsnow.com/ski-instructor-courses/france-serre-chevalier-20-weeks . . .

Actually, €10,480 for 20 weeks of accommodation and instruction looks like quite good value. Shocked You have to source your weekend fodder but that does look like a fast track to your 'Test Technique' and within the French system . . . "booger basi" . . . (whispered on my last breath Toofy Grin )

Hmmm . . . 5 months in Serre Chevalier . . . Even if the final goal might be a little unobtainable for an old fart like me could be quite fun Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Masque, 20 weeks of training SL for the TT , doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me... I know plenty of very good BASI L2/3's who have failed the TT after training for many, many weeks. SL takes a long time to get good at, much more technical than Giant Slalom as per the Eurotest. Once you pass your TT you then have a good 4 or 5 years to train for your full cert and Eurotest.

I would go to Canada with the same mob, get your L1, teach a bit, train and have fun..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimottaret, looking through the syllabus, it's not quite the slalomfest you think. Three weeks are full on gates work, much of the rest of the time is fitness and general performance development.
I just looked at it from a value POV, even if you had no goals for the TT or like me (if I were 30+ years younger) and a bit anal about technique self-analysis/development. €550 a week inc. pass, accom, 5 days fodder and coaching is quite a bargain for a season even if you came out of it with nowt but a badger tan and thighs of steel . . . oh, and probably some significant bruising Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
by all means go for it Smile The French system is good but the TT is tough and personally if all you are looking for is general performance development specific SL training is, well, quite specific Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Masque, I’d have thought I could arrange a full season all in for €10.5k with some coaching and direct my improvement where I want, rather than the somewhat pointless (for you) TT...

I’m fit-ish, ski ~50-60 days a year, to a tolerably competent level, and I think the effort required to pass TT somewhat beyond me without a lot of effort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My reading of the link is that you still have to do the preformation after the course, there are usually social media posts of people doing this in Tignes in April. Guess the two weeks of work experience match up with peak holiday weeks when the trainers could be busy with punters.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
E.g. I think a room in a house share is about €500/month in e.g. Chamonix => €3,000, lift pass ~ €900 (?), ... leaves about a grand a month for beer.

That’s quite a reasonable amount of beer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

leaves about a grand a month for beer.

Or £250 a week for coaching. That's not going to go that far.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
olderscot wrote:
Or £250 a week for coaching. That's not going to go that far.

It is the going rate for TT training in the Autumn. Some weeks of the course would be cheaper than this, I don't even think the trainees will be skiing for the first two.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@olderscot, not if the ridiculous objective of TT is removed from the question.

Unless you are serious about working your way up the French system, which I perceive the OP is not... why have coaching everyday?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This post was just an 'off the cuff' (bit tongue in cheek) thought. I had a couple of weeks with Non-Stop in Fernie last season and very worth while it was too . . . but partly because I was able to go back to Utah and practice. To be honest it was just a wee tad too expensive with the comparison that half a day with Dave in a 1 on 1 lesson at the eosb really took me to the next level. Even at my weight and fitness I found myself having fun in black bumps Shocked

I know there may be a slushNut or two with eyes on the TT prize and genuinely, if I were younger and a dam sight fitter I would be tempted just for the immersion training environment (had some summers like this for gymnastics deveopment).

If I could finaegle 20 weeks in the 3 valleys with pass, accomodation, vittles and just two days a week with Dave fer €10k . . . I'd be up fer it.

In the alternative CASI 1&2 beckon for 19/20 Toofy Grin might even try for snowboard 1 at the same time Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy