Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train to Madonna di Campiglio ski area (Val di Sole)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used the Val di Sole train line to get to the Madonna di Campiglio ski area? I'm thinking about staying in Daolasa or Marilleva next year, both of which have train stations and gondolas into the slopes, with transfers from the airport by train. Just wondering if anyone can comment on how reliable the trains are, how expensive, and whether it's a sensible mode of transport. The last bit from Trento doesn't seem to be searchable on the Trenitalia website, and I've googled for fares but with no success.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi denfinella , which airport(s) have transfers to train stations to the Val di Sole train line . I assume Trento is the "first stop" ?

Its certainly a good option, as most hotels would pick you up at the Daolasa train station / Gondola . The hotel Monroc, is at the station Gondola
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, the first stop on the Val di Sole line is Trento. We'd probably be arriving from Milan Malpensa (which has a train station), Milan Bergamo (where we'd need to catch a bus to Bergamo train station) or one of the Venice airports (which I haven't researched). Verona and Innsbruck are probably other airport options, but flights from Scotland are expensive.

Time-wise I think it would be quite slow compared to driving, but probably cheaper, which is what I'm trying to find out. And maybe less prone to weather / traffic issues - again, I'm not sure about this.

There are quite a few cheap apartments in the valley villages close to the gondola bases and train stations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Instead of getting the train you could take the bus from Milian to Marilleva. It costs around €10 each way.

[url=][https://autostradale.it/it-IT/orari-pullman/milano-campiglio-marilleva/url]
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.valdisole.net/en/Dolomiti-Express/ I suspect it is not part of the Trenitalia network
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looked into it last year but is was a no go logistically for a long weekend. If you're spending a day travelling each way may make more sense and probably less boring than being stuck behind a queue of trucks most of the way up/down from Lake Garda
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a lot of clients who take the Edinburgh/Milan flight. Of course we then supply the transfers.

But for DIY it's not that costly on most weeks.
This maybe a better idea that going into Milan city.

Just land in Bergamo and then take the bus from outside the airport - go under the underpass to the shopping centre and the bus stop is at the end of the row. I have used it many times.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, and sorry for the late reply.

@Lisa_BrentaSki, that bus indeed looks excellent value, however I don't think the times would work for us (it leaves Milan too early and returns too late). For your second reply, I assume you're referring to the train option (after the bus from Bergamo)? If so, do you have a rough cost estimate?

@munich_irish, you're probably right. I guess that means we would need to book two separate tickets - one to Trento (in advance), and then one for the onward journey (on the day).

@Dave of the Marmottes, fair enough - the transfer's not that short. But we'd be going for longer - probably just under a week.

It might come down to whether car hire or train is cheaper. One factor is that we might end up flying into Bergamo and out from Malpensa (or vice versa), which would make car hire more expensive.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like its 1E 50 for the train - same as a city bus ticket valid for 120 mins Trento-Marilleva
http://www.ttesercizio.it/TTEServizi/109-Trento_city_buses.aspx
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dougy Giro, that would be fantastic (especially for an hour+ journey) - but I can't see a specific reference to the train line being included in the Trento urban area ticket. Are you sure?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Honestly I think you’re overcomplicating this.

You can go onto the Ryanair website and book a tiny car for £9.50 per day.
Just don’t agree to any of the “extras”.

Or

Book a trip with a tour operator and let them do all the organising.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Lisa_BrentaSki, I'm just being thorough with my research. I can't book the flights yet (don't know if we'll get the days off work) so in the meantime I've got plenty of time to explore the options.

Organising the holiday is part of the fun!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy