Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting discussion on backcountry touring & avalanche awareness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last evening Patagonia ran a panel discussion on "Every angle of backcountry touring, from voicing the stoke to fighting for winter."

Breaking Trail with Leah Evans and friends featuring various Patagonia Ambassadors, inc a couple of guides, one of whom I've known a very long time, and a Scottish avalanche expert.

If you've got the time it's worth a watch, although the presenter's use of the word awesome did get mildly frustrating by the end Laughing

They recorded the event.

Breaking Trail with Leah Evans and friends from Patagonia Europe
https://vimeo.com/472616781
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He he he - next time I see Blair I am going to have to call him 'Mr Feef' Happy Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The host got everyone's name wrong.
Blair Feef, Per Ass, Julia Very Happy

However still worth watching!
Some 5 star guests.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And there's another one next week!

Exploring The Scottish Backcountry

Tune in live as we team up with Atomic to chat to 2 of the UK’s most experienced Backcountry Skiers – Gavin Carruthers and Blair Aitken.

https://www.ellis-brigham.com/events/exploring-the-scottish-backcountry

And 37:40 into the vid above when Per recounts the story of that whomp and then a minute or so later says that some of the guys might be watching this, well yes I was there.

To be honest at first I thought that sound was bombing in another valley, what Per omitted to say was that he told us all to remain silent and still, the theory being that the weak layer would re-freeze and then 5 mins later we continued. Thnk it was just up from the Schönwieshütte and 12 years ago!

It was a crazy couple of days with various aborted routes due to the risk.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There have been a flurry of web events recently; earlier this week I watched a pretty good one about the Yukon, Greenland (yes Simon, Andy Perkins!) and Antarctica
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Sharkymark, saw that one too. Failed to mention Christie’s Hoof couloir so it was pretty much worthless to me Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sharkymark, I missed the ASC triple-header, but did catch Dr Dr (Perkins) giving his Greenland chat for the ESC a couple of weeks back, though as @Arno says, without reference to the most important new line of the last decade or two it missed the mark wink Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Arno, @offpisteskiing, what goes on tour...? Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy