Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

22 February, Gressoney, needing 2 expert skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I haven't been on snowHeads for quite a while.

Those of you who have been on here a few years may remember I organise 2 holidays each year to ski off piste with guides. The holidays are for 6 skiers who need to be Ski Club of GB Gold level (able to ski steep slopes - up to 45º - and any snow conditions, including breakable crust if necessary). I still have 2 places free for the one to Gressoney la Trinité (same ski area as Alagna). We go out Friday 22nd so we can ski 8 days, the last 6 with a guide. However you could come out a day or two later if this is a problem.
Our guide is Zeb Roche (Google him). He is an exciting guide who stretches us but is safe (he has guided climbers on Everest several times and first climbed it himself when he was 16. He has also paraglide off the top of Everest and many other peaks (he was on the French paragliding team).
You need to have touring bindings to walk a bit (or you could hire, perhaps), though we don't do very long climbs - not over an hour since I am getting on a bit.

Let me know if interested and I'll send cost and other details.

Photo from earlier holiday - Zeb videoing @Horizon and others further down

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-09-18 17:56; edited 4 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When do you leave Gressoney? snowheads GnaBuG bash arrives on the 2nd March
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last day with guide is Saturday 2nd March, taxi 17.15 to catch late flight home (21.40) from Geneva. We could discuss someone leaving early.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm confused Confused
If you're going on 23rd Mar, how is your last day 2nd Mar - unless it's a really long trip?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops, that should have been going out February 22rd. I'll try to change it.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 22-09-18 15:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry wasn't implying I'd be interested in joining you (I'm not good enough). Just if you were still there over the weekend, there'd be a load of snowheads in town.
Looks like they'll be arriving as you leave though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes. Well, if they wanted they could do my week first. I think it is likely they would find my one more exciting. However I imagine most people would transfer to another resort after a week. I'm really sorry the SCGB isn't doing an all Gold week this year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball wrote:
Yes. Well, if they wanted they could do my week first. I think it is likely they would find my one more exciting.
I beg to differ.
Quote:
However I imagine most people would transfer to another resort after a week.
Which is why half of us will head off to Serre Che/La Grave the following week.
Quote:
I'm really sorry the SCGB isn't doing an all Gold week this year.
I'm not sure the blame is entirely yours but I expect the apology will be appreciated Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi admin, I was, of course, only referring to the challenge of the skiing. However I hadn't twigged he was referring to a snowHeads holiday (a bit thick of me considering he actually said so, for some reason in my mind it was a Ski Club of GB one). I am sure nothing could rival a snowHeads holiday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing Nicely saved! It's good to have you back @snowball snowHead

I may get into Gressoney on the Friday or Saturday so we should speak nearer the time and, logistics permitting, see if we can get a descent or 2 in together.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha, the two long-haired ones skiing together!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowball, looks like it’ll be a great trip if conditions play ball. Would love to get back to Monterosa one of these days...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @admin, you would be welcome to join us for a descent or two (with our guide). We will be at Hotel Dufour. I'll message my mobile number, if I can remember how you do it on here.
Already had one person today possibly interested to go on the trip.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowball,
The flight prices from Vienna to France / Switzerland are generally time and price prohibitive plus I prefer to drive taking far more equipment & clobber than I should. Getting time off from shift work has also been a big problem for me in the past but I am free from shifts early Jan 2019. Please let me let me know next time you do a similar trip to Austria or Italy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snowball, send/receive message button top right of the page. Snowheads also staying at the Dufour so there'll probably a few propping up the bar by the time you're waiting for your taxi snowHead
ski holidays
Hi @DB, message me your email and I'll include you in my circular when I put my 2019/20 holidays out. Of course only the guide and hotel are fixed, you can do your own travel.
snow conditions
Hi @snowball
I'm an experience skier looking for similarly experienced people to go with, my backcountry ski buddy is moving to Singapore later this year, so i'm stuck for experienced friends now!

Do you need proof of having "Ski Club of GB Gold level" abilities!?

Cheers,

Willem.
ski holidays
@snowball, hi,

interested in the trip, would you be bale to to pm me some details please?

thanks

Mat
latest report
Hi @sqmaleb and @Willem, really sorry, I've been away and missed your messages. Hope I'm not too late. PMs coming.
snow conditions
Would be grateful if you could let me know you got my message.
snow conditions
@snowball, you can see, when someone has opened your PM by looking at your Sent Box
ski holidays
Also you're less likely to miss people responding to your posts if you click the "Watch this topic for replies" link below.
snow report
Thanks @admin. We'll arrive in Gressoney about 2.30 the Friday , so will probably manage a couple of descents. Should see you in the bar in the evening, if not before. Saturday is still before the guide joins us but we will be skiing as a group and you will be welcome to join us. Not sure yet if the group will be 4, 5 or 6.
snow conditions
You misunderstand: we are arriving at the end of your stay.
ski holidays
Just thought I'd bump this up in case someone new is looking.
snow conditions
Several expressions of interest but nobody able to commit in the near future. I just don't know if I should cancel a room.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy