Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2018/19 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
I see there is a new webcam "Snowpark" on the main Tignes site now - looks to be sited above the big restaurant down from the top of Tichot.

Presumably this means they are going to build jumps n stuff there for the younger people Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nelly0168, That snowpark has been there for a few seasons, now (though if you are out early season it may not be ready for use).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, Not soon, looking at the weather forecast. Crying or Very sad
https://en.tignes.net/tignes-weather
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kenzie wrote:
@nelly0168, That snowpark has been there for a few seasons, now (though if you are out early season it may not be ready for use).

I know there is one at the RHS side of Grattalu as you descend, but this camera suggests something on the left as you ski down Grattalu.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, there are now 2 parks, it's loonies on skiers right and mere mortals and small kids to skiers left where the webcam is.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
Yeah, there are now 2 parks, it's loonies on skiers right and mere mortals and small kids to skiers left where the webcam is.

Cant fathom quite how I have miseed this - must be at warp speed on that section Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@nelly0168, Its the only way to ski Grattalu (providing its clear of course wink )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, However ...
https://en.tignes.net/professionnal-contents/press/the-newsroom/ouverture-partielle-du-glacier-le-17-octobre
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Came across this video the other day. It's the aftermath of the avalanche that hit the Carline piste when the loaded slopes of the Petit Balme let go.

http://youtube.com/v/wWNHsghP7hg
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Luckily the snow was only knee high (or thereabouts) when it reached the piste but that slide had travelled some distance. We as a group had given up on waiting for lifts to open and were doing some transceiver practice in Le Lac when the shout went up. Tichot? was the only lift running and this shows the high number of skiers condensed into one area.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GeorgeVII wrote:
Luckily the snow was only knee high (or thereabouts) when it reached the piste but that slide had travelled some distance. We as a group had given up on waiting for lifts to open and were doing some transceiver practice in Le Lac when the shout went up. Tichot? was the only lift running and this shows the high number of skiers condensed into one area.

Just insane that the avi risk was 5, only one lift was open, the viz was atrocious and yet people were coming down off piste. So lucky not to be much worse.

The end of the video looks they are trying to kill anyone who may be buried Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Kenzie, thanks, I'm guessing just the top runs will open....

*WARNING: partial opening from October 17th. More information to come on the pistes and lifts that will be able to open.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like the Fiat 500 art piece never sold over the summer !!
It has appeared back at the top of the Bellevarde today (along with a snow cannon)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Who was wondering about the Moris? It's seasonnaire accommodation this season. Advertising for staff.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK now getting a bit more excited, just bough the season ski pass, if only all e mails were that welcome Very Happy Very Happy

As reported elsewhere the glacier will partially open next Wednesday (17th). Looks like next week will be showery, importantly the snowline will be almost down to the villages so anything up precipitation will be snow where it matters for next week.
@holidayloverxx, Things are moving up market in Val, makes a change from living in a boiler room back in the day!
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Who was wondering about the Moris? It's seasonnaire accommodation this season. Advertising for staff.

That was me. I was wondering if they'd do that. It was mostly seasonnaire accommodation anyway, and really had got too bad for hotel guests.

Thanks for the confirmation!
latest report
Just been having a look at the ski pass website for this year for the main season for jolliday makers. Looks like the Pass Tignes 5% discount has passed into history, but there is a new '6 day out of 8 day pass'. The 'Tribe' Pass for families is back where adults basically pay the kids rate.

Val D'Isere are offering 25% off a season pass until 26 Oct, Tignes currently offering 10% off, must have a chat with a councillor about that.....
latest report
@chocksaway, Seems odd that does!

Why on earth would anyone buy a Tignes pass at €1300, when they can buy a Val D pass at €1080 ish?
snow report
Philip1972 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone buy a Tignes pass at €1300, when they can buy a Val D pass at €1080 ish?

€1012.50 plus €35 for Carte Niege for the season.
ski holidays
Is there still an owners' discount for Tignes passes??
snow conditions
@mountainaddict, Yes there is.

I have uploaded all my documents, but still waiting for them to be processed. Until then I cant see what price I can get them for.
ski holidays
That was quick Philip1972 Very Happy - cheers! Getting one is on our to do list for some point in the future...

Back on the snow report front: This week now just looking like a few cm with the freezing level as high as 3400m... rolling eyes
snow report
Philip1972 wrote:

I presume because you need to start your day in the resort where the pass is issued.
snow report
For that saving I would get the bus/taxi!
latest report
DCG wrote:
Philip1972 wrote:

I presume because you need to start your day in the resort where the pass is issued.

This is not the case. You can use the ski pass in Tignes first on the first day and every day.
latest report
The description of what will be available for the next couple of weeks is available here.
snow report
Well, my file has been uploaded, and the discount is next to nothing!

Standard is about €1300, my "offer" as an owner is €1215

Think they must have it wrong!
latest report
I got a Val season pass last year and skied first every day in Tignes. So, as has been said and despite rumours to the contrary, it makes no difference.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine is bought and paid for 40% off was a gold member (That's based on occupation not a thing to do with me!)@bar shaker, just have another look, the €35 on the tignes website said it was a carre neige valid in the ski area your pass is for. As I go touring outside that area i will be Carte Neige via the club de sports
latest report
@chocksaway, can you explain what you mean by “I will be Carte Neige via the club de sports”?
ski holidays
Sorry auto correct on my phone. I will be buying my carte neige via the tourist office in Tignes which involves joining the Club de Sports in the village. About €70 for a property owner, some of that helps the local kids.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, totally agree. My off piste is only lift served and I think you are wise to have the extra cover, if skinning away from the area.

@Philip1972, your discount was marginally better than my early bird discount, last year.

It's amazing that they don't align their discounts, considering they are the only two companies selling the same product. In theory, the owners/residents discounts are illegal under EU law, as they give an advantage to people living in one area of the EU. I guess no one can be bothered to take them to task over it.
snow conditions
@bar shaker, They have sorted it!

€945 is my discounted rate, better than nothing!
latest report
bar shaker wrote:
In theory, the owners/residents discounts are illegal under EU law, as they give an advantage to people living in one area of the EU.

Is that so? I had always assumed it only applied to discrimination on the grounds of nationality, not living in a particular town.
ski holidays
@Philip1972, Result!

@James the Last, The stipulation is not just that you live in Val d'Isere, but that you also pay French income tax. The legality was explained to me in some detail... but there was wine involved and I forget why it is actually against EU open markets law.
ski holidays
Looks like a new webcam has been installed and is viewable on the Val d’Isere website - Crete des Leissieres.
I’m guessing its on a pylon at the top of the Leissieres Chair (up and over/scare chair)

Come the start of the season my webcam watching, weather checking is going to maybe run into 2 cups of coffee each morning.
latest report
Anybody been up since the glacier opened? How's it looking Puzzled

Let it snow...let it snow!! Smile
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
Looks like a new webcam has been installed and is viewable on the Val d’Isere website - Crete des Leissieres.
I’m guessing its on a pylon at the top of the Leissieres Chair (up and over/scare chair)

Come the start of the season my webcam watching, weather checking is going to maybe run into 2 cups of coffee each morning.

oooo cool!!
snow report
muppet wrote:

Thanks for that, had a wee look.

Val webcams dont seem to have the zoom function that I like in the Tignes variants.

However, even without zoom, the Val Glacier seems totally non-existent
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Anybody been up since the glacier opened? How's it looking Puzzled

Let it snow...let it snow!! Smile

https://www.facebook.com/SnoworksRaceCamps/videos/vb.157797744316271/297185117551522/?type=2&theater
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy