Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gay ski weeks

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to any Gay / LGBTQ Ski Weeks?

Most of my mates don't ski, so I thought they might be a friendly way to get another week's skiing in as a solo skier and be a bit different.

Anyone been, and if you have which one and what was it like?

Was it basically "pride on ice", more relaxed/social, hardcore après/clubbing, etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
European Gay Pride in Tignes is very popular with something for everybody. Yes, there is a parade celebrating LGBT, (I hope that's what you mean by Pride on Ice), there is also a lot of partying including a pool party, mass festival style events, informal apres, but there is also a lot of serious skiing. The numbers are well into the hundreds so a full cross section of all communities and nationalities and skiing/riding abilities are represented including gay/straight groups. It is also very good value, which helps it be popular!

Tignes has been at the forefront of gay rights in France (helped by links with Montpellier), the Marie hosted the first gay marriage in France some 4 years ago. 3 years ago I met someone from EGP on a chairlift - we are now ski buds and he is a Tignes convert!

If you have any further questions, I could probably answer them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was certainly a Gay ski week in Les Menuires last season. It obviously moves about as I just googled it and came up with this in Les Arcs this year:
https://www.europeangayskiweek.com
Looks like a hoot...whether you're gay, straight or anything else. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gay Ski week here at Falls Creek... not that you would notice. Apart from some hyping by the resort, nothing else is evident. Business as usual.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@acrim, not sure how far you want to travel Aspen and Whistler do gay weeks, in January can't comment on the activities, but there was lots of group skiing and everyone seemed to be enjoying them selves. We got talking to a group and they said there were also organised activities beyond skiing. In Aspen a lot of the Bars and Restaurants has specific signs outside promoting the event, as there were offers or events at selected venues.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 9-09-18 18:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@acrim, there is a Pride week or weekend in Whistler each January.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Pride week in Tignes is great fun.

https://www.europeansnowpride.com/

Just expect a really good atmosphere, lots of wacky outfits and lots of laughs.

I will be there for it next year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Massive Gay Ski Week in Queenstown, NZ, every year...

http://winterpride.co.nz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We accidentally ended up in one in Soelden last year, Gay Ski Happening. Mostly just saw the apres which was confined to one bar it seemed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So that's two votes for Eurpean Gay Pride in Tignes.

chocksaway wrote:
European Gay Pride in Tignes is very popular with something for everybody. Yes, there is a parade celebrating LGBT, (I hope that's what you mean by Pride on Ice), there is also a lot of partying including a pool party, mass festival style events, informal apres, but there is also a lot of serious skiing. The numbers are well into the hundreds so a full cross section of all communities and nationalities and skiing/riding abilities are represented including gay/straight groups. It is also very good value, which helps it be popular!

Tignes has been at the forefront of gay rights in France (helped by links with Montpellier), the Marie hosted the first gay marriage in France some 4 years ago. 3 years ago I met someone from EGP on a chairlift - we are now ski buds and he is a Tignes convert!

If you have any further questions, I could probably answer them.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Good to hear there's a track record of support for gay rights in a meaningful way, and not just a yearly marketing thing to get at the pink pound.

Tempted to go... do other people tend to go solo? Is it easy to meet/mix there?

bar shaker wrote:
The Pride week in Tignes is great fun.

Just expect a really good atmosphere, lots of wacky outfits and lots of laughs.

I will be there for it next year.

Ace thanks.

Outfits!? I struggle enough to fit my ski boots and layers in my bag without having to pack a YMCA's worth of wardrobe. Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AlpineAddict wrote:
Massive Gay Ski Week in Queenstown, NZ, every year...

http://winterpride.co.nz

Oh wow, so tempting. I was in NZ late summer this year already though so the bank balance won't stretch to that for another few years... and I need that time to forget how awful a 30 hour multipart air journey is Laughing

Definitely one for the bucket list, though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never been but this one is well established.

https://www.arosa-gayskiweek.com/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There huge in the US.

Aspen has one of the oldest
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@acrim, Not sure about solo bookings, but the website has just gone live so a quick e mail to them would answer the question I guess:

As to you second question it certainly seems so!

As for skiing, there are organized sessions with instructors so that would be a good start. There are also other groups such as a ski club depending on your standard. You never know you might bump into a resident snowHead, there are a few of us there all season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not my scene but it was quite big in Madonna di Campiglio when we were there late Feb.
snow conditions
@Farley Goode, important to know it is not your scene. Very important. Really good to know. Relieved too to know this about you. rolling eyes
snow report
@Langerzug, well that's a good way to alienate someone to a particular lifestyle.

............or alternatively - @Farley Goode, thanks for your input. Despite it not being your scene, and thus you not being able to give more precise detail, as asked for in the OP, your acknowledgement that there was a gay ski week in MdC taking place in late Feb has been of use.

Some people doth protest too much, methinks.
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman,
maybe I'm a bit sensitive to straight men who feel it is necessary to say it is not their scene. Some cynicism is allowed sometimes?
snow report
@Langerzug, is @Farley Goode a man?
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, might be a dyke of course Toofy Grin
@Frosty the Snowman, Me thinks the world could gain a lot by much more protest against straight 'lifestyle'.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 14-09-18 10:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Langerzug, is @Farley Goode a man?

Well he was when I met him. Mind you, that was a few years ago.
snow conditions
Langerzug wrote:
@holidayloverxx, might be a dyke of course Toofy Grin
@Frosty the Snowman, Me thinks the world could gain a lot by much more protest against straight 'lifestyle'.
I judge someone by how they act as a person, and not into whatever lifestyle pigeon hole they have been placed.

OK, here is some first hand info - I have been hit on 3 times by gay fellas, all in the same night club, on the same night in Tignes. My wife was with us, and on one occasion was sat next to me. They were all cool with my poplite refusal, but i have to say it did give my ego a boost. So, although IT'S NOT MY SCENE wink I can recommend Tignes for a bit of gay fun. The nightclub was great, foam and water action, but I have no idea what it was called as far too much booze had entered my bloodstream. The highlight was Mrs Frosty dancing on a pedestal when 3 French men jumped up on it with here. I knew it wouldn't end well and it toppled. She's a wise bird and twisted so that she ended up on top. The french lads were less fortunate.

Possibly the best night out I have ever had in resort.
snow report
Tignes is ugly. Can't have been gay fellas. We like pretty. That's our lifestyle. Very Happy
latest report
Langerzug wrote:

Be careful what you wish. There’re so many straights enjoying the gay ‘lifestyle’ (except the key part) these days it’s fashionable.
snow report
Well, recently 'grab 'm by the pussy' has been getting a lot of votes.
And the Russian way of using perfume-bottles is not very gay either...
A clear lack of Friends of Dorothy
snow report
Langerzug wrote:
Tignes is ugly. Can't have been gay fellas. We like pretty. That's our lifestyle. Very Happy
Perhaps these lads were pilled up.....coz i am very much in the Tignes mould.
ski holidays
LOTA wrote:
Never been but this one is well established.

https://www.arosa-gayskiweek.com/

Thanks Smile

Looks great, very slickly organised. I'm in Chamonix over those dates, but one for the list for season after next, maybe.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@acrim, Not sure about solo bookings, but the website has just gone live so a quick e mail to them would answer the question I guess:

As to you second question it certainly seems so!

As for skiing, there are organized sessions with instructors so that would be a good start. There are also other groups such as a ski club depending on your standard. You never know you might bump into a resident snowHead, there are a few of us there all season.

Cheers for the info!

Think I might take the plunge on this one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent. I claim a beer if you enjoy it Very Happy
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
Excellent. I claim a beer if you enjoy it Very Happy

Haha. Deal.
ski holidays
I’ve been to European snow pride in Tignes the last 2 years. It’s been great fun. Great skiing in touring groups during the day and as much (or as little) partying as you want at night. I’ve gone with a group called Outdoorlads. I would definitely recommend it!
snow report
I might be a bit too late to this thread - have you already booked somewhere?

If not Les Arcs might be a good option for this winter? The skiing is pretty fab as well as the pride week looking like it's actually got quite a lot of stuff going on (as opposed to being a marketing ploy to get some extra bookings).

https://www.europeangayskiweek.com/

Happy planning. . . .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy