Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2018 - 2019 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
All looking very green still with not a flake of snow in the forecast...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller wrote:
It's only October...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
It's only October...

I know but snow on webcams make conference calls more tolerable....... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@thefatcontroller, Laughing

Use a photo instead. Here's one just for you, Arc 1800 November 11th 2016

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, Soothing, thanks...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Genista,

Where are you going for the other 3.5 weeks of your trip? Any more skiing? Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergmeister,

We are in the UK for a week. Austria for Christmas (Seefeld and Salzburg), Berlin for 4 days and then 4 days in Switzerland before travelling to Les Arcs.

Can’t wait!

Not sure if there will be any other ski stops. I am gonna try and eek one out but my evil plan to skip the Sound of (bloody) Music tour got scarpered the other day, so not sure when I can try. I have 3 daughters, 1 is keen to find more time on the slopes, the others are not keen. Crazily they think 6 days at Les Arcs is plenty. Pffft!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Genista, I assume that you're aware that Seefeld has some lifts. Doesn't look like a huge ski area but would probably be fun for a day. Can you not squeeze a day in there?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha - 1 step ahead of you. I was gonna try that one. We’re there for 4 nights. Hopefully they have a decent cover by then.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just ordered my passes using the 10% discount link (thanks!)

Also they allow paying in 3 instalments at no extra cost which helps!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charts looking better tonight (Australian time), if it stays the same there could be some white stuff late next week. Fingers crossed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Arc 2000 live cam back up

https://www.lesarcs.com/livecam-arc2000.html#ong333
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
The Arc 2000 live cam back up

Just in time Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone turning 50 during the season can have a one day Les Arcs ski pass for free:

The Les Arcs website wrote:
Those of you turning 50 between 15 December 2018 and 27 April 2019 will get a free Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry day pass.

https://en.lesarcs.com/50th-anniversary/programme-of-celebrations.html
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If the lifts in 2000/1950 are closed the regular free bus round to 1600 and then 1800 opens up the other side of the mountain. There is tree line skiing over on the Peissey/Vallandry side which doesnt tend to be that busy. There is a free bus from 1800 to these villages if there are lift issues.
Last year was a fab snow season and we skied to grange a few times for the novelty of it.
The updated Comborciere will be a welcome improvement and will probably increase traffic to Malgovert. I don't know how the new hotel above 1600 will impact but I seem to recall talk of a new run taking you back from the runs down from Comborciere back down to the bottom of 1950/Pre St Esprit to add to the current black run that goes under the lift.
I cant wait to back the truck and head off down. Due to work the fist ski day will be 16th Dec and it will be a joy to be back
Ordered the season passes today and the carte neige was 39 euro for the season which seemed a bargain
snow report
Looked fairly nailed on now for some decent snow, high winds as well
snow conditions
Yeah. Its snowing up high

latest report
Is there a new webcam in Les Arcs? On their webcam page called "Le Slalom"? Can't recall seeing that before.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Is there a new webcam in Les Arcs? On their webcam page called "Le Slalom"? Can't recall seeing that before

Looks it, but where is it? Covered in mist right now.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Is there a new webcam in Les Arcs? On their webcam page called "Le Slalom"? Can't recall seeing that before

You can scroll back one hour at a time to 'de-mist" it. It seem to be on a pylon in the middle of the piste just above the Vagere chairlift in Arc 1800. Seems a bit overkill to me as there is already a webcam just above that location at the Mille8 area, one on the roof of the EdenArc building about 100m away and I think there is a LiveCam at the Vagere chairlift as well.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

You can scroll back one hour at a time to 'de-mist" it. It seem to be on a pylon in the middle of the piste just above the Vagere chairlift in Arc 1800. Seems a bit overkill to me as there is already a webcam just above that location at the Mille8 area, one on the roof of the EdenArc building about 100m away and I think there is a LiveCam at the Vagere chairlift as well.

Not new, just renamed. I recognise that view, spent enough hours watching it..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
When the main webcam page is down dont forget the Youtube Page...

https://www.youtube.com/user/lesarcstv
latest report
I think the cams are about to turn white again in the next hour or so...this time I think it will be more substantial. Bring it on!
snow report
Genista wrote:
I think the cams are about to turn white again in the next hour or so...this time I think it will be more substantial. Bring it on!

My guess is that the snowline will be high today, around 2,000m but dropping overnight so the cams should be whiter tomorrow than they will get today..
snow report
Yes, you could be right. Some flakes falling at Arc 2000 ATM, but it seems mixed with rain.
ski holidays
At this time of year in Les Arcs I'd much rather see very cold temperatures than fresh snow with a relatively high snowline. Freezing the ground is likely to make more of a difference to early season skiing conditions than even a large amount of snow, which could melt all too quickly.
snow conditions
Sorry, It is still October. I don't even get excited with snow in late November. In fact I am looking to go out in late November for a decorating (read walking) weekend and fancy a snow free resort. The flight are looking a silly price. A flight to geneva from Luton is a fraction of the train fare from Birmingham to Luton.
snow conditions
Great to see the Winter arriving. Managed to get up in the snow on the way home. Even had a go at putting chains on. Always good to have a practice at winter driving when nobody is around. Emergency stops and skid turns can be fun, but not when it is for real!!

News from the slopes is that the Comborciere Chair is nearly finished and so is Inversens Chair over the other side above Les Coches.

Here are the web cam links so you can check out the slopes yourselves.

https://en.lesarcs.com/webcams.html

http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/roche-de-mio

The building works around Les Arcs is on going. AND in Arc 1600 the new Club Med is set to open in December.

https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/Les-Arcs-Panorama/w

For those staying for a holiday. The discounted ski passes pre-season sale finishes on 31 October so hurry. For season passes you have until end of November.

https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/

Check out the latest photos over on the Les Arcs Winter page. More news to follow as the season approaches.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Serious Snow in 1950 tonight: https://en.lesarcs.com/webcams.html

Too soon? wink

(We're there in 6 1/2 weeks, I'm allowed to get excited...)
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:

Didn't that season turn out to be horrible from late November to mid January?
latest report
südtirolistdeutsch wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Yes. The snow was thigh deep at 1800m in early November, but nothing of any significance fell from then until early January. The skiing over Christmas and New Year was OK on piste, but got progressively worse as the holiday crowds turned. All the excitement in November, which was considerable, just led to a disappointing start to the season.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
südtirolistdeutsch wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Yes. The snow was thigh deep at 1800m in early November, but nothing of any significance fell from then until early January. The skiing over Christmas and New Year was OK on piste, but got progressively worse as the holiday crowds turned. All the excitement in November, which was considerable, just led to a disappointing start to the season.

Yeah I remember that season. This is Celerina and Corviglia during Christmas. There was around 40cm up top that season in contrast to 120cm this last one.

latest report
No matter how long it lasts it looks nice on the cams.
ski holidays
@Genista, way better.
snow report
Any idea of how many cm are on the ground?
Doesn't look like more than about 15cm...on the 1950 and 2000 cam.
latest report
@Genista, if you start takking accumulations in October you will have a long stressful season ahead. Enjoy the pretty pictures for now 👍
ski holidays
Haha - I am on an 18 week break from work, I got nothing better to do! I am definitely enjoying the pretty pictures for now though. After tuning in on the weekend I saw how quick it can all appear and then disappear.

It's just starting to get warm in Australia..."they" are forecasting one of the hottest and driest summers for many years.
You guys up there think you just had a hot summer up there... come down here in a few months and you'll know you're alive.

So only 6 weeks now and I will be up there for a real winter....till then...
latest report
Genista wrote:
10-15cm at 2000m, 8cm at 1600m according to Les Arcs tourist office.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Genista wrote:
10-15cm at 2000m, 8cm at 1600m according to Les Arcs tourist office.

As it was the Les Arcs TO are you sure there wasn't a 0 missing from the front of those numbers? snowHead Laughing
latest report
Last day to get the 10% discount on non season ski passes today, in my experience the booking website can get a bit 'hinky' later on in the evening so if you are still intending to book I'd do it sooner rather than later. Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy