Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos lift system

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have only skied the area once and that was over fifteen years ago although I actually stayed in Klosters. It was in January at the time of the World Economic Forum meaning that the lifts and slopes were mostly quiet.

I am considering going again although the trip will be next March if I go ahead which will be high season. It's a Freshtracks trip based in Davos. I did think that the lift system when I was there before was inferior to many resorts and I wondered if anyone has more recent experience? What is it like getting out of the town in the morning for example and are there any significant bottlenecks?

All information will be gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@richjp,
I've been several times though the most recent was around 10 years ago so not much more recent than yourself.
It isn't the worlds most efficient lift system I'd agree, however when I've been in March (about three times ) the actual queuing hasn't been too bad though there have been queues. One of the things I would say is that one of the trips I did was with a SCGB off piste week and there is a lot to be done.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The lift system has been updated with better bubbles and chairs since then.

Will be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@richjp, I was there in 2013 (I think) for the Parsenn Derby (mid March iirc) and didn't notice any particular problems.

Other than with the organisers cutting a 2m drop halfway down the race course. Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been on a Freshtracks holiday in Davos. The hotel isn't particularly convenient for the lifts to the Parsenn area, so you have to get the hotel minibus. This was a bit of a faff, but once you get to the lift station there were no issues. It was quite fun finishing in Klosters some days then getting the train back.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richjp wrote:
I have only skied the area once and that was over fifteen years ago although I actually stayed in Klosters. It was in January at the time of the World Economic Forum meaning that the lifts and slopes were mostly quiet.

I am considering going again although the trip will be next March if I go ahead which will be high season. It's a Freshtracks trip based in Davos. I did think that the lift system when I was there before was inferior to many resorts and I wondered if anyone has more recent experience? What is it like getting out of the town in the morning for example and are there any significant bottlenecks?

All information will be gratefully received.

Probably fine if you're not going in a busy period. I doubt March is true "high" season. We found both Davos and Klosters to be very antiquated, with few fast lifts and an astonishing number of very old lifts.

Didn't really detract from the skiing, but was very much shown up on New Years Eve (obviously a VERY busy day).

It was pretty easy to get from Davos to Klosters if you ski on that side of the mountain as they are seamlessly linked and the runs down to Klosters are very good.

We stayed in Klosters rather than Davos.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you to those that responded.

I have now gone ahead and booked Davos.

I think I was trying to talk myself into it anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lifts system keeps on getting better the old double dragon is now 2018 season is now a 6 man heated chair.
Pop in and have a drink at the igloos bar great carvings open 11am lots of big bean bags to rest on.
The lifts on Jacobshorn are ok zero drag lifts on Jacobshorn.
I have been in march max lift queue time 12mins
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I love skiing off piste in Davos, however, if feel that are better places for resort skiing. I don’t like how the lift system is not connected. Those beautiful valleys between the lifts that make the off piste great, cut the ski area into individual pods.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@richjp, Good decision. It's a great resort and the lift system has improved massively since your previous visit. Unlikely to be any queues for the morning Parsenn funi and not much elsewhere on the mountains. Also, Freshtracks use some great guides.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have just come back from Davos. It was a bit busy on Sunday 3rd which was our first day but very quiet after that. Our guides said that the pervious week was a German holiday week so that week would probably be best avoided.

Thank you to those that encouraged me to go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy