Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crans Montana review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just came back from Crans Montana for a 3 night (3.5 days skiing) break (29 Dec to 1 Jan) and thought that I would post a quick review.

Overall enjoyed it - certainly enough snow, despite it being south facing and bright sunshine all week. The runs were a good range, mainly easy reds. Very few blacks and nothing on the piste that was remotely challenging, which was fine with me. We tended to avoid the runs into Montana as they rapidly converged on bedlam, preferring the far left to Crans on the far right. The trip up to Plaine Morte is nice and worth doing early. If you cover a lot of miles then it's not as massive a resort as the piste map might suggest - I felt there would have been more to go at - maybe the runs are shorter, which is what gave that feel?

Locationwise, we were based to the East by Bazette/Violette. This worked well as it was an easy walk to the gondola and then around 20-30mins stroll into town. Fine with no snow around on the road/pavement. Maybe annoying with a lot of snow in resort. Access to the Crans and Montana main lifts looks like a bit of fun from the main resorts as they are both slightly above the action.

The towns are large and it looked like a lot of people drove to car parks. Also saw lots of police leaving 120SFR presents for people illegally parked!

Hotels aren't cheap, but we were at new year for a short stay so paid a premium.

Food is also expensive. Say 20SFR for a pizza and around 45SFR for fillet steak, wasn't really that easy to find much in the way of cheap and cheerful. Drinks not too bad though. Mainly all the restaurants sell the classic mix of grill, pizza, pasta etc. Obviously far more expensive options abound.

Main highlight was the long 23 cat track down to Aminona as it has a Auberge du Sex little restaurant with great rosti and a great quiet view over the valley. Bus then back required every 20mins to the main resort from the bottom.

Views are truly fantastic, but I guess they are in most places?!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the review!

Can I ask a couple of questions?

I’m off there this week for 2 days of skiing, where do you get your ski pass from? Was there much of a queue to buy the pass?

How did you find the afternoons with it being south facing? Do they turn to slush early on?

Trying to maximise time on the slopes and will have to get the pass on the first morning so trying to be prepared!

I’ve certainly heard the views in Crans are some of the best!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy