Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully this does not end up like the usual helmet debate!! I am firmly in the camp of wanting to have a helmet and it’s time to replace ours.
Where in the midlands can I get a good selection of helmets to try on and purchase?I have been to snow and rock and Ellis Brigham, interested to know if there are any other places in the Midlands That hold a good selection of helmets to try on and see what they feel like.

Possible alternative is wait until we get to resort and purchase on the afternoon we arrive in resort but would rather have it sorted before we go.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on your definition of the midlands.

Milton Keynes has a decent decathlon store.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lockwoods in Leamington Spa usually have a decent selection of helmets
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also recommend Lockwoods in Leamington having bought a lot of stuff from them. They have some people who really know what they are talking about but their prices can be a bit high. If you are a member of the Midlands Ski Club or a number of other local outdoor clubs they will give you a discount on a lot of purchases.

Alternatively at the other end of the market is Decathlon next to the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. Very large place with lots to see and try. Probably as cheap as anywhere.

Both places would make a fun day out. Leamington is a small town with a set of lovely parks to walk through and plenty of pubs and restaurants. Lockwoods is closed Monday and Sunday. Must still be living in the dark ages I suppose!

Decathlon is on a large shopping estate with lots to see and eat and is open all week of course!

To add, my vote would be Lockwoods. What are a few £ here and there if you can talk to knowledgeable staff? Pity not open on Sunday as we have the Christmas market on the Parade then.

Give away! I live in L/Spa.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The usual helmet debate is going on in https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139931&sid=d531c8f6060a157f55aa50c1abe63e0d so hopefully you will be ok!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally gave in to peer pressure and bought mine from Decathlon in MK.

(Well, actually I chose it and Lady Seagrave did the buying part).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/h300-adult-ski-helmet-white-id_8374251.html

£20, and, being a solid 7 1/8, the smaller of the two sizes (of which 58cm is the top end) was a perfect fit.

I’m as happy as I could be, I suppose, given that I’m wearing it under protest.

LS
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies, called into Lockwoods when travelling through the area. Ended up with a revisit to EB then onto SandR and ended up purchasing from there for me and Mrs MM - with a bit of discount Very Happy . Interesting to listen to the shops views but my decision was mainly based on fit,comfort etc Sadly it was also the most expensive on the shelf but in my view it was worth the extra few pennies!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy