Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do ski boots relax during summer storage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please.
As headline, got my boots out of storage, clean, dark , dry and cool place and tried them on. I remember them as really comfy but today they pinched and were uncomfortable. Do they need an annual trip to fitters or will my feet and boots become accustomed to each other. Never experienced this before so would appreciate some guidance. Boots are mid range Salomon with 1 season /15 weeks use, they were fitted by fitters recommended on here and the fitters were really good, I’ll see if I can find their name as they deserve a mention, found it Boot Lab, Courcheval 1650
Enigma
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fat foot disease. Pretty common.

More prosaically - it's relatively hot, your feet are probably a bit swollen from being walked around on most of the day and you've spend the summer in flip flops, sandals or comfortable shoes. Of course they are going to react badly to being shoved in a medievel torture chamber. Either that or you're pregnant.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That explains the moodiness and funny foods
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As @Dave of the Marmottes says - it's your feet not the boots. I normally ski all year round, but the last couple of years have taken three months out cycletouring. On return my ski boots are very very tight, and the calf buckle cannot go anywhere near as tight as normal. I put it down to only wearing sandals while weight bearing on my feet, so my feet expand, and my calf goes back to a more normal shape rather than the usual skinny at the bottom, going outwards above the ski boot.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, people can retain more water the summer/heat.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@enigma, yup really common as people have said, try a compression sock, that will help get the foot into a "better" shape for skiing, but a few days in proper shoes and boots and all should be good again
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, one less expense, it’s odd tho I’ve never had it before but thinking about it I’ve never put my boots on so early.
lots of good advice thanks.
E
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Part of it will probably be you forgetting how tight the boots feel when you put them on, on that first morning because with a pair that fit properly your feet will have adapted by the end of the first run and the rest of the week will be that feeling of "God these boots are comfy"/saying to your friends on each chair lift "My boots feel a little loose, I'm going to have to stop for a quick boot faff when we get off".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This thread should be entitled "Do feet relax when ski boots are in summer storage". wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does everybody do their boots up in storage? I've always been told to do my clips up mid range but whether that is the right place I don't know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
enigma wrote:
That explains the moodiness and funny foods

you could be pregnant. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy