Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

E261 Compensation + Expenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of an odd topic, but I'm not sure where else to ask and I reckon I'll get a good response here!

I was recently delayed approx 6 hours on Ryanair. The length of the delay meant that I had no chance of completing my journey that evening, and had to book a hotel + taxi (€90)

I've applied for compensation with Ryanair, and they immediately authorised €250 of compensation under EU261. However - they stated that they were not liable for anything that happened after they landed.

EU261 appears to provide for €250 compensation straight off the bat just because the flight was late, and then further reasonable expenses, including accommodation should it become necessary:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Compensation_Regulation#Compensation_and_assistance

So as I understand it, I could be due €250 compensation + €90 accommodation reimbursement = €340.

So my questions are:

Am I right?

Do I have a hope in hell of getting Ryanair to accept the accomodation reclaim, or should I just accept the hassle-free €250 and be on my way? I'm not sure how interested I am in a small-claims court proceedings etc for the sake of €90.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I certainly wouldn’t want the stress for 90 but it does grate me that you’re probably correct and that they shouldn’t be making it hard for you
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AdamNotts, I thought the purpose of the €250 is to provide reasonable compensation for any direct costs / damages resulting from the delay? I would not bother if the compensation has covered your costs.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My take is that the €250 is to provide compensation for poor service, on top of which reasonable expenses resulting from the delay are payable.

However, I'm struggling to find anything 100% definitive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, as you had completed your flight/contract with ryanair.
You could try claiming for consequential loss, but doubt you will get anywhere.
Other otion is claim off travel insurance.

I have had similar after a long delay & missed prebooked train and had to buy new tickets for £220
Asked a no win no fee and they would not take it on. I did not pursue it as virgin paid us each the 600 euro.

I have a mate who was due to flyback from oakland but ba pulled the route and rerouted him from SF to LHR. Problem was his car was in Gatwick. He made arrangements to get his car to LHR with the carparking firm at his cost and BA would not refund him it, as they said they would have taxi’d him back to Gatwick.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy