Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half Term,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys, im looking for some inspiration for Feb 2020 for a group of 3 dads and 3 sons (16, 16, 15) we went to Sweden last year and had a great time, looking for something as the budget is tight, Bulgaria ?? Any good skiing ? Been offered half board, ski hire and passes for £1100 each which sounds good, from sno.co.uk any other ideas would be greatfully received, thanks in advance of any input/advice wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Npikey, we did Bansko one half term and despite having access to free accommodation wouldn’t repeat that experience - it is completely oversubscribed. Other Bulgarian resorts may fair better
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As ever it is a balance of cost and convenience. Self catering accommodation about a mile outside Sankt Vigilio with skiing at Kronplatz is about €180 per person with a lift pass at €313 for an adult for 6 days for the full Dolomite area (€290 for a local pass) roughly €100 less for "juniors" born after 30.11.2003.
Then you have to get there......
Flights from Scotland are not so bad if you live in the North, as it is not the Scottish half term. We are flying Lufthansa Edinburgh to Munich at a cost of around £160 return. Then there is car hire which tends to be about £65 per person including fuel.
We hire skis / boots for some of our group at a cost of about €85 (no prices up yet for the next season)
Then there is food but eating in is cheap and eating out not too bad.

So you can do it for around £1100 each but it means :
Flights from Scotland.
Self drive Munich to resort.
Self cater or eat out or a mixture.
Accommodation just out of resort.

That's just us. But you can do France / Austria / etc in similar ways. It just depends on what you are prepared to compromise
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My advice would be to go at Easter if that is possible.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UCPA (Action Outdoors) have family week options at Easter in Chamonix, Flaine and Les Contamines. Maybe you can get a room together (if you don’t mind that). Great value.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look at Italy which I think is good whenever budget comes into question. If you can get flights to either Turin, Milan or Venice for a sensible price then you should be able to find accommodation in Sauze D'Oulx (if into Turin) or somewhere on the Sella Ronda (if into Venice) and Cervinia (if into Milan).

I've not looked but I imagine you would be able to find something decent.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son (14) and I go to Saalbach / Hinterglemm in Austria each half term, self catering. Our costs work out as:

Flights: £370
Accommodation: £620
Private transfer: £150
Lift passes: £360
Ski rental: £200
Lunch / evening meals / drinks: £500
Total: £2200

The flights are Jet2 Edinburgh to Salzburg - bought back in January. More expensive now, but they do generally drop to around £200/each a month before half term from Edinburgh. Scottish half term is different to England this year (generally is), so we just drive from Sunderland to Edinburgh.
The private transfer we share with another couple - it's just over £300 return for all of us, Salzburg to Saalbach
The accommodation is an apartment for 4, but there's just 2 of us in it, so perfect for us. Would be tight for 4. It's a walk up a hill, but we keep our skis / boots in a locker next to a lift, so doesn't bother us, and makes accommodation much cheaper.
We just have breakfast in the apartment, and eat out for lunch and evening meals.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, some great stuff to look at,
Ive looked at sweden again, flights are expensive but I think we can do it including ski/boot hire and passes self cateriing + hire car for about 1970 euro's per couple thats in a decent ish apartment ski in/out or very close 20 yrd walk

+ I still have some Krona to spend Very Happy

Any one know of an airline that goes direct to Ostersund from a midland airport ?

I'll let you know how we get on
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Half board in Passo Tonale from Edinburgh is under £600. That would leave £500 for lift pass and hire.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Npikey wrote:
Ive looked at sweden again, flights are expensive but I think we can do it including ski/boot hire and passes self cateriing + hire car for about 1970 euro's per couple thats in a decent ish apartment ski in/out or very close 20 yrd walk

Any one know of an airline that goes direct to Ostersund from a midland airport ?

Yeah Luton, though I don't know if that is classified as Midlands...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, made that up, though I was flying into Luton, turns out it's Gatwick...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Legend. wrote:
Npikey wrote:

Definitely not the Midlands Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Npikey, I've just booked with resident Snowhead @flangesax, or austrian-adventures.com because these guys have taken an innovative approach to the Feb Half term next year ! They're offering Wed-Wed stays which means you can take advantage of super cheap mid week flights into Salzburg, which is only a 50 min transfer away. Or, book a hire car, and the entire Ski Amade is your oyster then Cool Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

What a bizzare thought.
I think of Ringway and Finningly as a Midland airports
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy