Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda/Domomite Superski map

Poster: A snowHead
I know snowheads have made many trips to Arabba over the years and am just wondering what people do for maps here.

Normally you go to a resort and have a map in the bag or you take a look at a large map of where you are in the resort when you get off the lift.

What do people do for maps here? It’s meant to be 1200 km’s which is a vast area for one ski map. Do they go around with 10 maps in the bag or have one giant map of all areas?

If I want to ski from selva to marmolada can you get that all on one clear map? If i’m just hopping on and off lifts without a giant map, i’ll loose my bearings quickly Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are 12 maps, each with an overview map on the reverse. There are 4 for the Sella Ronda (Val Gardena, Val di Fassa, Alta Badia and Arabba) that you can collect as you go around, and these are all you need for the linked area. You’ll need a bus or car for the other areas, but if it’s your first time in the Sella Ronda, you won’t have time! To be honest, if you’re not too bothered about piste colour, the easiest thing to do is collect the map for your “home” village, and then use the overview for navigation and follow the signposts. This is much easier than trying to fathom multiple maps, some of which are not very clear.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, i’ll pick up the sella ronda maps and get my hands on ones for the different resorts around it.

I know I can’t cover close to everything and will be looking to avoid busses but I will have some set ideas on some areas to hit or pistes i’d like to run before I go.
When I have a destination in mind I like to trace out the lifts and pistes I have to head for when I stop for a drink then the signs come in handy for me after that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 3D mapping on the Dolomiti Superski app is actually quite good.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Make sure you allow time for the war museum at the cable car station on the way up the Marmolada. Worthwhile.

There is also some kind of WW1/2 related ski itinerary. Kept coming across signposts to it but never followed the whole itinerary.

The signposting on the Sella Ronda and adjoining areas is pretty good.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
colly10 wrote:
I know snowheads have made many trips to Arabba over the years and am just wondering what people do for maps here.

Normally you go to a resort and have a map in the bag or you take a look at a large map of where you are in the resort when you get off the lift.

What do people do for maps here? It’s meant to be 1200 km’s which is a vast area for one ski map. Do they go around with 10 maps in the bag or have one giant map of all areas?

If I want to ski from selva to marmolada can you get that all on one clear map? If i’m just hopping on and off lifts without a giant map, i’ll loose my bearings quickly Smile

This if it still is available somewhere.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valli-Ladine-Sellaronda-ski-maps/dp/8883150953?tag=amz07b-21

http://www.tabaccoeditrice.it/eng/map.asp?cat=4&id=39

https://www.sportler.com/it/p/tabacco-carta-sciistica-valli-ladine-e-sellaronda-125.000-150.000-9851405?filtervariation_unit_1=1%3A25.000+%2F+1%3A50.000

A little old but still the best.

But it does not cover 1200 km, as that number includes other resorts in the area, not linked to the Sella area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which area are you going to be based?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best overview map Sella Ronda: https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/skimaps/Pan_SellaRonda_web.pdf
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
colly10 wrote:
Thanks, i’ll pick up the sella ronda maps and get my hands on ones for the different resorts around it.

I know I can’t cover close to everything and will be looking to avoid busses but I will have some set ideas on some areas to hit or pistes i’d like to run before I go.
When I have a destination in mind I like to trace out the lifts and pistes I have to head for when I stop for a drink then the signs come in handy for me after that.

Exactly me last year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
an other perfect up-to-date skimap: http://www.plandespistes.nl/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@huttohut, thanks, i have the app. It’s slightly flakey for me with dropping lifts and pistes off the map but the listed directions from one place to another look really handy.

@tqa, thanks will check out the museem. I’m planning to do a few days over there with my gf before the group arrives and she won’t do a massive amount of skiing so it’s good to have something different to break up one of the days.

@Hyst & Japie, thanks

@Roguevfr, will be based in selva when the group arrive. But will base myself somewhere else before hand. Havn’t made up my mind where i’ll head to first
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@colly10, as others have said, the overview map and piste signage works well most of the time.
I found the Val Di Fassa detailed map especially useful to have. That sector we found very quiet on piste and well worth spending time there.
snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm sort of a trail map junkie, but I did the Sellaronda last March and did not use or need a map, the signage is excellent. I will say that in Val Gardena its slightly less clear as there is an alternate route. It took me three hours in the clockwise direction with no lift lines. I plan on returning again next March, I had a great time there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scooter in Seattle, I think that’s generally true but in low vis or snow a piste map becomes much more useful.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We found one spot where it was unclear where to go, as you came off a lift and between two buildings only to find that it was a steep black next.
We has one skier who was not keen to attempt this and it took a little while to find the "Way around" which turned out to be blue (I think).
Other than that we had no problems following the signage at all.
I watched the videos referred to on this forum many times before we went as an idea for good pistes to do.
snow report
PeakyB, I could not agree with you more; I'm just pointing out that they did as good a job with signage as I've seen so no worries here. Indeed, the "junkie" comment refers to my habit of memorizing the trail map before a big trip such as this. You're right, in fog etc the map is a good idea. Especially if its already in your head.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy