Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where on the Sella Ronda for reasonable nightlife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm organising to head away with a group, probably for mid-late February next year.
Went with this group to Ischgl, Solden & Garmisch in the last 3 years.

I'm thinking of Selva this year on the superski pass as it gives so much to cover, is meant to be stunning and gives you plenty of options on where you want to ski for the day. We don't need dancing on the tables but definitely don't want the place dead either.

Just wondering if Selva would be a good option or would you think somewhere else on the Sella Ronda would be better (or maybe avoid the Sella Ronda completely)?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Selva is a good choice, it's probably got the best apres ski of any of the resorts on the Sella Ronda. There are several venues in the town, including the Luiskeller. Also the skiing options are very good, as in addition to the Sella Ronda you also have the Val Gardena valley itself, including the Sass Long Men's World Cup downhill course ( with the famous "camel bumps") down to St. Christina, the Seceda plateau with the 10.5km long run "La Longia" down to Ortisei/St.Ulrich, and the Seiser Alm on the other side of Ortisei.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 7-08-18 19:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Selva is about the liveliest in the evenings. Arabba has a bit going on, as does Canazei. Apres is pretty good in Selva durinf busier periods with Kronestrube, La Stua and Saltos Bar. The Luiskeller is where it's at for thumping après tunes and shoulder to shoulder beer swilling. At night there Disco Dali. Not been for years, but it was always a good, if late night out.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Three clear choices come to mind.
- Selva: is probably about the biggest town that is actually on the Sela Ronda circuit. It has a fairly Germanic clientele who support a good variety of bars.

- Canazei: is, I understand, the most popular ski resort for Danish skiers. As such, it has a reasonable night-life.

- Arabba in the first week of Feb: will have 100+ snowHeads there for the snowHeads Birthday Bash. Arabba is normally quite sleepy but they're great hosts and like lively social guests: I get the impression that many of the locals look forward to us being there almost as much as we do snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses, sounds like it’ll be a good spot for us.
Happy enough with a few quiet bars myself but there’s definitely 1 or 2 in the group that wouldn’t be happy if they can’t find somewhere very lively there
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with the recommended choices above. We stayed in Corvara and whilst it has one decent apres venue and a couple of decent bars, I wouldn't recomend it for nightlife!! If you do stay in Selva, make sure to visit the apres hut Piz Seteur at Plan De grabla. You can ski back to Selva from there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmybog wrote:
Agree with the recommended choices above. We stayed in Corvara and whilst it has one decent apres venue and a couple of decent bars, I wouldn't recomend it for nightlife!! If you do stay in Selva, make sure to visit the apres hut Piz Seteur at Plan De grabla. You can ski back to Selva from there.

Piz Seteur has died a death since the lift out of Plan was re-routed. Much politics, but the long and short of it being, the Piz Seteur hutte owner got a little too greedy. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy