Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need help with a boot bolt

Poster: A snowHead
Hello snow heads, thanks for looking at my post.

I have a brand new Salomon x100 xpro boot that has the adjustable toe buckle for optimal positioning. After my first session yesterday on them, I took them home and undid the boot Bolt to relocate it. Sure enough, the buckle snapped back and I lost the bolt. It looks like a small machine bolt, and finding a replacement through the retailer or distributor here it's shaping up to be a royal pain in the butt. I Looked online unsuccessfully for the replacement Bolt. Thinking of just buying a replacement through a machine shop or fastening supplier. If someone could provide an easier source for this Bolt, or confirm the size for me, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So it's somewhere on your floor at home so look harder! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe try Anything Technical www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
So it's somewhere on your floor at home so look harder! rolling eyes
you are a hard man!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks tubaski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You don't say where "here" is but I'm pretty sure you could walk into any Salomon bootfitter in a major resort and they'd have a drawer full. If your boot fits properly, that buckle does nothing but keep water out so ski without it until then. Won't matter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Je suis un Skieur wrote:
You don't say where "here" is but I'm pretty sure you could walk into any Salomon bootfitter in a major resort and they'd have a drawer full. If your boot fits properly, that buckle does nothing but keep water out so ski without it until then. Won't matter.

Thanks JSUS, I'm located in Canada. Thankfully it is the front, as you pointed out, which definitely bring some relief. I tried my local store, they had no luck. I will look more at the specialty shops or on the ski hills. Cheers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try ask here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/8-Tech-Talk
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks spyder
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@spyderjon, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@omendelovitz, any ski shop should have them, we have a box of about 500 sat in the workshop, so not sure how difficult it is for others to have them too
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RUGBY PETER wrote:

wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM wrote:
@omendelovitz, any ski shop should have them, we have a box of about 500 sat in the workshop, so not sure how difficult it is for others to have them too

Thanks @CEM: I'll be in Windsor this summer for a spell, worst case I'll drop by your shop Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
RUGBY PETER wrote:

wink

I'm glad you like to take the wee wee, but my floor where the bolt fell floats on a 1" air gap (basement). And sure as Murphy, there are 2 small gaps in the floor around the stair stringers and the bolt just had to find its way in there... Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Magnet on a piece of string?

I recently got a bolt out from a 2cm slot under a dishwasher with a torch, phone camera and a piece of chewing gum on a stick Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
Magnet on a piece of string?

I recently got a bolt out from a 2cm slot under a dishwasher with a torch, phone camera and a piece of chewing gum on a stick Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very nice! I can't even see the bolt. Will send a pic sometime for reference
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy