Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A good inexpensive resort with loads of off-piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@mike1993, because the week after is start of school holidays...

£40 return ZRH-St Anton sounds remarkably cheap, but there is some sort of holiday train pass. Which I can’t benefit from as a resident...

Book it on oebb rather than sbb and you can get sparschein fares from €19 each way
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is what I see on oebb website for early December, train fares wouldn't rise for February surely?

My Basket

SAT, 1. DEC 2018
12:18
15:01

Zürich Flughafen
St.Anton am Arlberg Bahnhof
Who is going?
1 × adult

One-way journey
€ 22,00
Price valid for 6 minutes.

SAT, 8. DEC 2018
12:57
15:42

St.Anton am Arlberg Bahnhof
Zürich Flughafen
Who is going?
1 × adult

One-way journey
€ 29,00
Price valid for 9 minutes.

Total amount

€ 51,00
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've not taken a train to resort before, how are they for taking snowboard bags onboard?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, there’s a special fare for tourists arriving ex-CH
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mike1993, there's also an express coach "Arlberg Express" that runs between Zurich and St Anton. I've never used it but I'd guess it'd be a few quid cheaper than the train.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The special fare I mentioned (Swiss Transfer Ticket) isn’t cheaper and only works in CH.

The Arlberg Express is more expensive (than the reduced price at €80 return but cheaper than full price) and takes an hour longer. (Switzerland, innit).

SBB showing 63CHF which is the same as OEBB which is not surprising (although every day is a school day) given that afaik both run off DB’s HAFAS timetabling and ticketing engine. And the Swiss really don’t like furriners discounting their stuff!

But that’s an advance purchase price, normal price around double, so book as soon as the tickets are released!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 28-07-18 7:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mike1993 wrote:
I've not taken a train to resort before, how are they for taking snowboard bags onboard?

Entirely normal
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mike1993 wrote:
@Whitegold, My question wasn't deluded, just trying to find value for money for what we want to do.

And guess what St. Anton seems to be cheapest so far, which seems really odd.

Firstly i was looking for air bnb accommodation as I used it last year and assumed it would be cheapest way. Turns out accommodation on tourist website is way cheaper Puzzled.

How does this sound...

Self catered acc £225 7nights (one downside 10 min walk into town, if that's what it takes Very Happy)

Skipass £260

Love the direct train seems as though it would cost around £40 return from zurich (this sound correct)?

Flight with BA for £125 inc snowboard bag

So around 650 not bad...

@Mike Pow, tiny wet flakes Puzzled

@Tom Doc, haven't been austria before so looking most likely for this trip. But would definitely consider this season after and especially travelling alone instead a ucpa

@T Bar, you were right about tourist acc, cheers does vary a lot as you say

what about food & drink? OP did ask for cheap lively resort.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Based on the TO criteria, there's loads of resorts I would prefer over St Anton, Verbier etc etc.
Just take a look at the resort list on wepowder. Georgia and Macedonia of course. And if you don't need to book in the middle of high season, just postpone booking till 3-4 weeks before you leave. And then go to Queyras (FR), La Thuile (IT), Monterosa (IT), Bardonecchia (IT, Montgenevre (FR), or the spanish pyrenees (Baqueira)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/Baqueira-Beret-Spain-is-this-the-worlds-best-ski-resort/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Onnem, Monterosa is great for off piste, not so much for powder...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy